Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More support for away supporters.

Options
  • 05-12-2016 10:48pm

Forgive the moan but I find this quite absurd and very very unrugby like but I now have a UBL club in the North that's now sadly a no go club for me and my family due to the level of aggression and intolerance shown to us at a recent game.

I'm from London and my family follow my nephew who plays(for a midlands club), more so than any given club. Thru our own naivety we went to the game when others wouldn't (we were the only away supporters) should clubs do more to allow naive away supporters like ourselves to enjoy a game in peace by giving directions to safer areas where your less likely to be accosted or antagonise by those who just don't want you near them or is it the excepted norm here that some club supporters choose to not play well with others.

I'm just very grateful my usual companion my young daughter wasn't there.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Pass your complaint onto both the club and the IRFU.

I'm guessing this is the first time this has happened so keep that in mind too.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Pass your complaint onto both the club and the IRFU.

I'm guessing this is the first time this has happened so keep that in mind too.

Thanks I shall and it is quite possible it's the first time(first time outside of football I've experianced it) but it's the ease at which intolerants was shown by numerous supporters that was unsettling and I say that as a ex-prison officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I'm not surprised tbh. Some followers of the Ulster rugby scene had a reputation for not being very sportsmanlike. I know people who've traveled there before and won't do it again - either for Provincial or Club games.

Jim Williams, after a game in Ulster, came to Mick Galwey and said "I know what a black b*stard is but what's a black taig b*stard?" The Nordies have a different mentality and there is a lot more aggression; understandably, given their recent history. Don't take it personally, the people who spoke to/treated you like that, will do that to other traveling supporters. Contact the Club by e-mail and inform them, Clubs don't want that crap happening but there is not a lot they can do unless they know who did it.

Advertisement