Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philosophy at Trinity College?

Options
  • 05-12-2016 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,

I'm an A level (=leaving cert) student in the process of applying to University. I'll be applying for philosophy, so I was wondering whether there was anyone on here who could answer a question or two for me about philosophy at TCD, especially for those who study there or have done so recently. How is the quality of teaching? How good of an overall philosophy education do you feel you/those who study there recieve?

Additionally if anyone could answer any of the following I would be very grateful: How active is the philosophy scene in Dublin? How does Trinity's philosophy department stack up internationally? Relatedly, If I were to apply for graduate study in philosophy at a top UK or US programme, how well regarded would I be regarded as a Trinity graduate, compared to, say, as a St Andrews (I'm applying there too) graduate?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

For 2015 Trinners Philosophy was ranked in to top 100 globally.

Advertisement