Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Power Switch

Options
  • 05-12-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a Streacom F1c Evo computer case. Over the weekend I tried to turn on the pc but it wouldn't. I then noticed that there was no pressure in the power button on the front. After taking the machine apart I noticed that the switch behind the power button was not connected to the power switch. It seems the solder had broken away.

Can anyone recommend a site or shop where I could get this replaced? I'm not in a position to solder it myself either.

Here is the part I'm talking about

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-t26ZWvGZ6b3hLcVEwdEMwN3M/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I'd say any pc shop local to you should be able to do it. It's not a major job, or shouldn't be. You might be able to even be sent a replacement front piece for your case. Try messaging or calling their technical support.
    http://www.streacom.com/contact/
    That's quite a nice case btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭rubdub

Cheers! Yeah sweet little case, new build for the office. Cheers, yeah messaged them already so fingers crossed. But might bring it into one of the pc shops to get it soldered for the meantime!

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

If you need to use the PC in the mean time, you could remove the power switch wires from the PCB and touch them together to start the PC. If not, no point in making more work for the repairman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, you can either start it using a screwdriver to make contact with the pins, or else Maplins sell replacement switches that you can do a DIY job with, either using the original button as a press or just make a new button.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

If you get the PC running and if your board supports wake on Lan and you have a ethernet cable going to your PC. You could try and wake on lan app for your phone to turn it on untill you get a fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭rubdub

Thanks folks! The manufacturer is actually going to send me out a new PCB to replace it.

Advertisement