Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenova tablet €64.99 Argos, plenty of stock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭shnaek

For those that missed the Fire tablet bargain, argos have the Lenova in stock, it is more expensive but its still a good discount

Argos have stock of the Lenova tablet, both the 8GB €64.99 and the 16GB (€109.99)
    The 16 comes with 2GB ram so android will run better, as well as being 8 inch screen
    the 16 memory can be expanded to 64 for both models
    Black or white available

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5538120/Trail/searchtext%3ELENOVO+TABLET.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5497797/Trail/searchtext%3ELENOVO+TABLET.htm

oh and no pesky scripts to run as it comes with the playstore installed

I bought the 8G version for 74.99 about two weeks ago. Have to say it's great for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Have to pick up a tablet for a friends 8 year old ... this looks like it will fit the bill nicely. Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Thanks for that, I have one reserved for pick up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Basic question- how easy are these tablets to update to the latest versions of Android as they become available?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

jay0109 wrote: »
    Basic question- how easy are these tablets to update to the latest versions of Android as they become available?
    thanks

I've never had to worry my pretty little head about updates to the Lenovo tab we have if that's anything to go by.

(ie Didn't get any)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

jay0109 wrote: »
    thanks

Official updates are easy to apply when they become available, but they rarely become available. Lenovo have a poor history of providing upgrades. If you're lucky you might get one full version update after 12 months.

Have a look at their upgrade matrix - they still haven't push marshmallow to their flagship yoga tablets, no mention of nougat and no mention of tab3. https://support.lenovo.com/ie/en/solutions/ht501098

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Just bought 1 there at lunch time, the 16bb version. Will give it a spin over the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Got a 10" lenovo tablet with similar specs only it has 2gb ram on Argos.co.uk last night, delivered through parcel wizard for £105. It may be worth having a look at that before pulling the trigger on this especially if you want something bigger.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/351766780397

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I got this from the UK during the summer (8" version) worked out at €94 at the time, great bit of kit, mainly use it for browsing, Kindle, Netflix and Prime.

Can't fault it, there have been a few updates but that was pretty seamless IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 73,426 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think this is the one Lidl we're doing for €60 on Black Friday. Still a good price to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

shnaek wrote: »
    I bought the 8G version for 74.99 about two weeks ago. Have to say it's great for that price.

hows the camera ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

leo2a6 wrote: »
    hows the camera ?
    5MP rear, 2MP front. Decent enough for a budget tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

Thanks op.

Anyone using this for watching movies? Would you recommend it?

Thanks.

dodzy wrote: »
    5MP rear, 2MP front. Decent enough for a budget tab.
    thanks, I wasn't sure since there is a 2MP/0.3MP version

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

Just spotted he 16GB version for €79.99 in Harvey Norman... http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablets/lenovo-tab3-7-tablet-zaor0040gb.html

Trying to figure out what the catch is - Harvey Norman normally never have 'real' deals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

jay0109 wrote:
    Basic question- how easy are these tablets to update to the latest versions of Android as they become available? thanks

Hopefully they don't update them. I have a 2012 nexus 7 (bought in early 2014) and when I got it, it was awesome. Suited whatever android version it had. After an update or 2, it was nearly unusable. Haven't touched it in probably 2 years. Might make it a car media interface at some point.

Be careful what you wish for, update wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Laura_A wrote: »
    Just spotted he 16GB version for €79.99 in Harvey Norman... http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablets/lenovo-tab3-7-tablet-zaor0040gb.html

Trying to figure out what the catch is - Harvey Norman normally never have 'real' deals :)

Is this a phone as well just i seen the dialler symbol ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Laura_A wrote: »

Not the same tablet, it's an older model with only 1gb ram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

torrevieja wrote: »
    Is this a phone as well just i seen the dialler symbol ?

Read the specs of the.... tablet

the resolution is better on the 8gb one ?

• Advertisement

Read the specs of the.... tablet

im simply asking is it a phone as wel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

torrevieja wrote:
    im simply asking is it a phone as wel

GSMARENA says yes. But elsewhere it says "with optional 4g support". Hard to know until you see the box. Look for the usual GSM, 4g, LTE, MicroSIM etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's not the LTE version.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Got the Lenovo miix 310 €190 - Any reviews available from posters. Hope its fairly decent.
    Have to buy Microsoft software now.

Can any1 give feedback on Lenovo Miix 310 model ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can any1 give feedback on Lenovo Miix 310 model ?

Jesus, https://www.slashgear.com/lenovo-miix-310-review-an-affordable-2-in-1-pc-29446491/

Birneybau wrote: »

Thanks Birneybau.
    I was actually looking for some User Feedback.
    A lot of 'review' sites can be a bit unreliable when it comes to feedback.

how does this tablet compare with the amazon fire 7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

€65 is still a lot for 1GB RAM / 1024 x 600 screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thanks Birneybau.
    I was actually looking for some User Feedback.
    A lot of 'review' sites can be a bit unreliable when it comes to feedback.

Sorry man, looks like nobody's got one around here. Try the relevant tech forum on Boards. What that is, I don't know :)

Advertisement