Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autism info

Options
  • 05-12-2016 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Im conducting a research proposal for my degree in IT Carlow. My research proposal question is an inquiry into the availability of communication based programs/intervention for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder in contemporary Ireland.

I'm just wondering could you help me out and be able to point me in the right direction to relevant information/statistics on this topic?

Thanking you,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Statistics may be very difficult to get hold of unless you can get them from HSE.
    In terms of communication programs, I'd recommend talking to speech therapists who deal with children with ASD for information.
    To get you started, with younger children, PECS is one of the main methods used for communication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You could try Irish Autism Action - https://autismireland.ie/

Advertisement