Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa in Waterford

Options
  • 04-12-2016 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭

So the most obvious Santa to visit in Waterford is the Winterval ones but wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places to visit him around Waterford?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

sillysocks wrote: »
    So the most obvious Santa to visit in Waterford is the Winterval ones but wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places to visit him around Waterford?

McDonagh Junction, Kilkenny!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

McDonagh Junction, Kilkenny!!!:D

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

sillysocks wrote: »

We have been to Ardmore Farm the last 2 years and think it's brilliant. They bring the kids in to a room first to pet the animals! Children love it!

I went to winterval santa in 2013 and we said we'd never go back. That's our own opinion though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Saysay19 wrote: »
    We have been to Ardmore Farm the last 2 years and think it's brilliant. They bring the kids in to a room first to pet the animals! Children love it!

I went to winterval santa in 2013 and we said we'd never go back. That's our own opinion though!

And this is now 2016!!! Three years later. Maybe Santa was just having a bad day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Saysay19 wrote: »

Yeah we didn't think the Winterval one was great last year either (think it's very dependent on which Santa you get), and Ardmore sounds good but stuck in and around the city for the next week or two so looking for a city option.
    Have seen ones advertised for City Square and Lisduggan but not sure if they're worth going to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

There lies the problem with the Winterval Santa, you are never certain which one you are going to get to see. We would all love to bring our kids to see the real Santa (Geno) but despite being the face of Winterval, the man can only see so many kids in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ruddler

We went to the City Square one last year and it was a lovely experience. Hardly any queue and Mrs. Claus chatted at the door while we waited. Nice big grotto for Santa and he was really nice to the kids. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

No George's court Santa this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

And this is now 2016!!! Three years later. Maybe Santa was just having a bad day

I think Santa was hungover and his elf too as the picture of my son with Santa literally showed from santas forehead down and most of my sons face. He didn't want to be there and it was so awkward while we waited for the pic to be developed. I have heard of people not being happy with (a) Santa there last month too. So it wasn't just me.

I will add I love winterval and the magic around town when it's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

In the interest of finishing out this thread, we went to the one in City Square. Had a bit of a queue but expected that, the Santa was great, had a little light in his glove that'd light up if the kids were on the good list and he looked really like Santa should! His Elves were very friendly too.

The issue we had last year with the Winterval one was that he didn't even look like Santa, even my five year old came out and straight away said she was sad because she knew he wasn't the real Santa.

So the City Square one got thumbs up, and it was half the price of the Winterval one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Was at Winterval santa with three kids at different times. Excellent santa, and elves and nice people

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Been going to the Winterval Santa since it started.Whilst i agree it kind of depends on if you get Geno(as my kids just see him as Santa)-we didn't this year, although saying that the Santa we saw was fantastic.But I think the experience of waiting for Santa is severely lacking a Christmas vibe-you just wait til your number is called,Big Hero 6 on the t.v.!!Ah lads c'mon,i hate to rag on Winterval,because i think its a fantastic thing for the city,but the lack of investment in it is killing it....don't get me started on the presents that Santa hands out!!! I just feel it can be so much better,and if it doesn't improve sadly people won't visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Winterval Santa is in fact a shill. I have deduced this from my own independent research and can confidently say that he was installed by a secret cabaal of jesuits, freemasons and members of green peace. You can see his walk is untypical of a real santa and his beard is shaven beyond the accepted standard. I believe he was installed to cast doubts onto the validity of Santa Claus , in order to espose the fact kids toys are not made by elves, by actually by kids ironically, in south east asian countries.

Advertisement