Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Dingus McGee should be banned

Options
  • 04-12-2016 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭

They're nowhere near as sophisticated as proper sports like cricket and rugby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

It's embarrassing that we have names like Ciara,Seamus,Sinéad etc that some foreigners might have trouble pronouncing.

They should all be banned and replaced by proper english names.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

3/10

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Like kasia, przemek, dorota and eugeniusz?

There are as many of them about.

Bacon and Cabbage combined with potatoes is so unsophisticated.People who's evening meal continuously consists of just meat and potatoes are terribly unsophisticated.

I only eat something if it has a french or italian sounding name any other type of food is pure filth.

Discuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

2/10. Must try harder.

Are we talking rugby league or union anyway? Cos league is a game for primitive apes IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Lou Scaunt

I remember my first beer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Le bacon et le cabbage.

There you are now.

Bon appetit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Second names are fine though. Dirty Dingus Ó Muircheartaigh

It's very confusing for foreigners.I think the practice should be banned and we should stick solely with the anglicized form of the name on our road signs.It would be much more sophisticated that way.

Discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Outrageous. I'm fully triggered here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

As an alternative, all foreigners visiting or moving to Ireland should be issued with an Irish name - Oisín Ducroix; Saoirse Krautmann… - and required to use it while in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fancy some "Pancetta e cavolo in combinazione con le patate"?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Give this **** a rest will you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I think its great.If any huns come over the border it upsets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It's embarrassing that we have names like Ciara,Seamus,Sinéad etc that some foreigners might have trouble pronouncing.

You're some dingus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Nah, don't ban them, just get more sophisticated dickheads to support them like cricket and rugby do.
    And throw in Formula 1 too for good measure...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

At least they are the common enough ones we all know and can use correctly amongst ourselves.
    Reading out names on a list to a group once, I read Seosamh, making my best guess of it (see oh sam) without realising it was an Irish name. Explained to me afterwords. His own fault for having a dead language name. And an oddball one at that. What do they expect - that we should all learn all these obsolete names ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bacon and Cabbage combined with potatoes is so unsophisticated.People who's evening meal continuously consists of just meat and potatoes are terribly unsophisticated.

I only eat something if it has a french or italian sounding name any other type of food is pure filth.

Discuss?
    Do you have mash or spuds ion their jackets with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

If you throw on your jacket now and head straight to the pub you will still get a pint or two before closing time. Saturday night at home on your own with a computer can be a very lonely place.;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I had my fun and that's all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

We should adopt Muslim names as it would be the tolerant, inclusive thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Are we talking sport, names or bannings?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Are we talking sport, names or bannings?

All of the above.....and bacon and cabbage too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Look, dingus dungheap a boardsie called gugleguy tried the same thing as you once upon a time and did a bit better than you but still did'nt succeed. You don't even deserve a yellow badge on any of your posts.

Advertisement