Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wear a contact in either eye?

Options
  • 03-12-2016 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

If the prescription is the same, can I wear a lense in either eye? ie Can I put the right lense into my left eye? Ordering daysoft lenses but see that I have to order both left and right lenses but I have an astigmatism in my right eye so will be ordering for that one seperately. Seems like a waste to order them if I'm going to be throwing out all of the right ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Once the prescription is the same they can be worn in either eye

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Great, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I'd check with your optician.

If you have astigmatism in one eye only the prescription is different in one axis than the other for that eye.

If the other eye is not exactly the same (including the level of astigmatism) then you may not be able to see clearly if the lens for the wrong eye is used. You might have clear central vision but to either side or above and below might be out of focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

My left eye doesn't have astigmatism so the plan is to order the prescription for my left eye for both left and right lenses and wear them solely in my left eye. I'll have to order toric lenses elsewhere for my right eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

paulers06 wrote: »
    My left eye doesn't have astigmatism so the plan is to order the prescription for my left eye for both left and right lenses and wear them solely in my left eye. I'll have to order toric lenses elsewhere for my right eye.
    Aaaaaah! The penny drops. I guess you'll double up on the prescription for the right eye too and only use for your right eye. Makes sense if the lenses can only be ordered in pairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement