Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gastroscopy prices; private

Options
  • 03-12-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I possibly need a gastroscopy done and it needs to be done privately. Does anyone know what are the average prices for this procedure along with the necessary pathology and anaesthesia service ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Hi,
    I possibly need a gastroscopy done and it needs to be done privately. Does anyone know what are the average prices for this procedure along with the necessary pathology and anaesthesia service ?

Operating purely out of memory here but I was quoted 1,700, albeit that was 5 years ago. You do not need to be anaesthetised.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You can have sedation or not up to you but you need to be conscious for the procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 15 arsalanoovf

myshirt wrote: »
    Operating purely out of memory here but I was quoted 1,700, albeit that was 5 years ago. You do not need to be anaesthetised.

Would such prices be still the same if you decided to the procedure privately in a public hospital ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I know someone who had endoscopy and colonoscopy done together for €1500 in Whitfield in Waterford

Advertisement