Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage piano with good organ sounds

Options
  • 03-12-2016 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Looking for a stage piano with very good organ sounds. I was all set to get the Kawai ES-8 but see some owners are saying the organ sounds are poor.

I had assumed that if the piano sounds were good other sounds would be good too. Seems not.

Any organists recommend something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It might not suit but would you consider a midi keyboard and laptop? I've just started using Native Instruments Vintage Organs.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/vintage-organs/

While I haven't played every stage piano ever, I would imagine this would be superior to all of them if you're looking for an organ sound. You will need a reasonable spec laptop to do this, but you can save money on the keyboard by just getting a midi/usb keyboard purely for using with a laptop. Something like this:

https://www.thomann.de/ie/studiologic_sl88_studio.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Looking for a stage piano with very good organ sounds. I was all set to get the Kawai ES-8 but see some owners are saying the organ sounds are poor.

I had assumed that if the piano sounds were good other sounds would be good too. Seems not.

You're probably going to compromise on the piano or the organ...

In fairness, Kawai pianos are seriously good. If you have to compromise a little, then compromise on the organ...although judging by what I heard on the Thomann site, there's not much wrong with the organ sounds that a wee bit of reverb wouldn't sort out..it's slightly clean for my liking but I suppose that's all subjective.

Lets put it another way....now I know what I'd like from Santa..might have to wait for the sales though....;-)

Advertisement