Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Leap Cards - Adults v's Children

Options
  • 02-12-2016 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if I could put 5 kids only onto 1 of these cards, v's the normal allowance of 4 kids and 2 adults? Still below the total of 6. None of the kids look like they are > 18! Anyone any idea's? Have the cards bought already to be used first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Rule is 2+4 so someone is going to magically be 18...

Alternatively using a single adult leap card, if travelling by Dublin Bus, place card on reader, state destination and number adults and children and a ticket will be issues for the 5 kids, the card remains the ticket for the adult. Charged at cash leap rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Thanks. Rang them this morning @ 9am. Strictly 2 adults + 4 children, and children cannot be replaced by adults. Bought extra tickets, good corporate citizen I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lindt Chocolatier

Are you able to get family Leap cards for visitors? My sister is coming up to Dublin with her husband and two children next weekend- just wondering if there are any travel card options to get buses and luas' around the city for the weekend or if the car is the most economical option! I don't really use public transport myself as I cycle so I don't know much about what's out there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They stopped selling them a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Xterminator

incorrect, you can put a 1 day rambler family ticket on a leap card at any newsagent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

They stopped selling them a month ago.

They stopped selling the amazingly brilliant 1916 commemorative offer that gave 24 hours travel (including Nitelink and Airlink) for a family for a tenner a few weeks ago.
    Those tickets are still valid until the end of the year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

incorrect, you can put a 1 day rambler family ticket on a leap card at any newsagent.

Which is a completely different thing. It requires you to have a Leap Card and is only valid on Dublin Bus.
    They stopped selling the amazingly brilliant 1916 commemorative offer that gave 24 hours travel (including Nitelink and Airlink) for a family for a tenner a few weeks ago.
    Those tickets are still valid until the end of the year.

If you have one, was my point in reference to someone who was looking to get one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

So, in a nutshell, can you buy a 1 day family ticket valid on LUAS, train and bus within the Short Hope zone? And if so, how much are they? I don't think you can anymore.

Rashers72 wrote: »
    So, in a nutshell, can you buy a 1 day family ticket valid on LUAS, train and bus within the Short Hope zone? And if so, how much are they? I don't think you can anymore.

You can't, which was my point above. They've stopped selling that ticket.

Advertisement