Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best chipper in waterford

Options
  • 02-12-2016 8:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

At last, an original thread...!

Oh wait, nope.
    https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2056156806

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

At last, an original thread...!

Oh wait, nope.
    https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2056156806

And that right there is exactly why new people who join boards don't stick around. Why be such a smart arsed sarcastic dcik about it? A simple "Hi, welcome to the forums, here is a link if you want to find out more info" would have done. Or, you know, don't reply.

Instead the OP probably wont come back here. People like you make me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

And that right there is exactly why new people who join boards don't stick around. Why be such a smart arsed sarcastic dcik about it? A simple "Hi, welcome to the forums, here is a link if you want to find out more info" would have done. Or, you know, don't reply.

You're sick from reading a reply?

Aanywho for fish n chips I like Johnny Walkers, for kebabs the corner place on Barrack Street, Chinese and Indians are much of a muchness.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maximus277

Lombart Street Takeaway has the best food and is the best value during the week

Overreact much?!

I think you're reading too much into my response, if I wanted to be a dick I wouldn't have included the link to the thread with the poll, which, y'know, kinda answers the question...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Brennans chipper next to Dunphys shop, lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

The Marian or cleaboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Walshes and chipper by Oskar's pub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Humdingers on Dunmore Rd.

Samsgirl wrote: »

Admittedly I've only been there twice but the chips were actually inedible both times, chicken was grand but that's not much use when the chips are stink... :o

• Advertisement

Admittedly I've only been there twice but the chips were actually inedible both times, chicken was grand but that's not much use when the chips are stink... :o

Same here. Went last week and chips were stink. Maybe just a once off

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

I'm starving now, thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Three Fellas Pizza in Ardkeen does lovely chips, their kebabs are lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Samsgirl wrote: »

No way, in actual fact the chippers in dunmore road are ****e. Shame you have to drive past them to get to town for nice chips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

debok wrote: »
    Same here. Went last week and chips were stink. Maybe just a once off

How can it be a once off if someone has been there twice and you yourself have been there on another occasion? I'm not a mathematician but I think two and one makes three.

Some one off boy 😂

Motivator wrote: »
    How can it be a once off if someone has been there twice and you yourself have been there on another occasion? I'm not a mathematician but I think two and one makes three.

Some one off boy 😂

Calm down boy. Someone also said it was the best in the town. Now relax and get a chip for yourself. I'd say there might be one on your shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

McDonalds on the Cork Road

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lertsnim wrote: »
    McDonalds on the Cork Road

permanent ban!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

New chipper next to the sweep garage in Kilmeaden. Tried it last night, food was lovely, made up fresh. They also do kebabs and pizzas. Hope it does well, nice to have a chipper out this direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Would never been Humdingers anyway, ridiculously slow and as has been mentioned the chips are stink

I like the Marion, the Cleaboy is grand, Dannys supposed to be nice again but haven't been. Not keen on Walkers, there I said it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭BBM77

The Marion would be my favourite by far in both the food and manner. Like Walkers to but the owner puts me of going there, they have no manner. If you are not one of his clique he would never say hello or thank you no matter how often you are there. Suppose it is just a Waterford thing I guess. The owner of The Marion often shouts thank you or goodbye even if he is not serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

BBM77 wrote: »
    The Marion would be my favourite by far in both the food and manner. Like Walkers to but the owner puts me of going there, they have no manner. If you are not one of his clique he would never say hello or thank you no matter how often you are there. Suppose it is just a Waterford thing I guess. The owner of The Marion often shouts thank you or goodbye even if he is not serving.

I would have to agree with everything you said there.

Gentiles in Ferrybank - is also worth a mention of being a good chipper !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

No way, in actual fact the chippers in dunmore road are ****e. Shame you have to drive past them to get to town for nice chips

Disagree. The Royal Takeaway in the Brasscock Centre is great. The portions are big too.

People like you make me sick.

I'll tell ya what won't make you sick - the grub in the Ballybricken chipper, couple of Italian lads running it. Lovely fresh chips and burgers (so you have to wait a few minutes, which is a good thing IMHO), and decent portions...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Jambo wrote: »
    I would have to agree with everything you said there.

Gentiles in Ferrybank - is also worth a mention of being a good chipper !

Gentiles in Ferrybank is the nicest chipper going. Honourable mention to the one in Mullinavat too but I know that's not in Waterford but still a top notch chipper

A chipper that does a decent chicken kebab (like the Istanbul with chicken off teh grill/hot plate and not goujons) with decent chips (unlike the Istanbul) would be good if anyone knows of one

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Johnny Walkers all the way boi.......anytime I'm home I head for Johnny's

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭EIREAROEIRE

walkers yes but Roberto,s in lisduggan larchville Lismore trapped in the middle of the Waterford triangle whopper smoked cod n chips out of here the other night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Lukeskyrunner

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Gentiles in Ferrybank is the nicest chipper going. Honourable mention to the one in Mullinavat too but I know that's not in Waterford but still a top notch chipper

A chipper that does a decent chicken kebab (like the Istanbul with chicken off teh grill/hot plate and not goujons) with decent chips (unlike the Istanbul) would be good if anyone knows of one[/quote]
    Battered Gentiles, sounds Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Walkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Sheila76

Walkers/ Robertos!

Advertisement