Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues

Options
  • 02-12-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭

Replacement on offer for limited number of 6Ss ..... Have no issue but mine qualifies .. might as well take it up ....

Apple has determined that a very small number of iPhone 6s devices may unexpectedly shut down. This is not a safety issue and only affects devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.

If you have experienced this issue, please use the serial number checker below to see if your iPhone 6s is eligible for a battery replacement, free of charge.

link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thanks for this. I actually organised a repair for my 6S Plus for a similar issue yesterday so it may not be isolated to the 6S.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Mine also qualifies but I also have a hairline crack on the screen above the viewable area. So now it seems it doesn't qualify!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

My wife's also qualifies, which is ironic, as it was a replacement phone itself, after the touchID failed on her original 6s.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭paruss100

Iv sent mine away and waiting over a week for it at this stage. Anyone done it? Has anyone gotten a replacement phone or the same one with a different battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

paruss100 wrote: »
    Iv sent mine away and waiting over a week for it at this stage. Anyone done it? Has anyone gotten a replacement phone or the same one with a different battery?

Did you get yours back yet, they have lost mine as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Anyone had success with this?

Type 17 wrote: »
    My wife's also qualifies, which is ironic, as it was a replacement phone itself, after the touchID failed on her original 6s.
    Anyone had success with this?

For the record, we haven't done anything with my wife's 6s, because it isn't actually displaying any fault.
    We might have done it if Apple still had Express Replacement for non-Applecare customers, but (as I found out when my own iPhone 7 failed before Christmas), that service is now only available to customers with Applecare cover on their devices (ie: You now have to pay €149 to get a service that used to be available for €30).

Didn't know that, that's a nightmare!

Thinking of going to Mactivate, we have two needing a replacement battery. Stories of missing phones and claims of damage are putting me off sending them away right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Qualify alright ... battery had been fine but now doesn't last the day.

Anyone gone through Compub?

I popped into CompuB in Blanch and asked and the rookie behind the counter said "oh we just send them off"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AmboMan

I got my 6S+ done. Phoned apple gave the serial number etc and they arranged mactivate to replace battery. Apple then withdrew their offer to replace battery for free as it was a 6S+.
    Still had the issue with the phone randomly switching off with up to 70% battery left, called apple again and told them although phone was over a year old I was going to the small claims court, they agreed to replace battery but they emailed me looking for me to pay for a damaged screen, they sent photos of someone else's phone.
    Surprised their customer service is so poor, got to done in the end and happy so far (took 5 working days)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I left mine into Mactivate the last week. Dropped off in the morning at 9 on way to work and picked it up later that evening on the way home. It would've been finished by lunch if I was able to collect it.

I have to say I was very impressed with the service from them. It was my first time using them, but would easily go back. I just had to mail my details to them a few day ahead so they could order the battery. Once it arrived I dropped my phone in. Very easy process. I had checked with Compub and iconnect and was told I'd have to leave the phone in, they would order the battery and it would be serviced in a queue which could take 2 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Got mine done with Mactivate yesterday.

They ordered in the battery (about 2 days)

Left it in yesterday at 11am and collected it at 13:00

Great service and great people to deal with

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Seems mine is eligible. Don't have the issue but wouldn't mind a fresh battery.

Would you recommend getting it done, or best leaving alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulieniceguy

I popped into CompuB in Blanch and asked and the rookie behind the counter said "oh we just send them off"...

There useless in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Still phone less 9 weeks after sending my phone to Apple .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Over in UK next so managed to book a Genius slot ... so hopefully will get mine swapped out there

The timeslot I got doesn't suit (work-wise) ... would they take the phone at lunchtime does anybody know?
    I don't need a Genius if you know what I mean ... I just want to drop the phone in at lunchtime and collect in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Got mine replaced at xmas under the program. Sold the replacement one and bought an SE, much happier now even with a new battery the 6s still has a crap battery and it's too heavy with the vibrator under the screen.

Type 17 wrote: »
    For the record, we haven't done anything with my wife's 6s, because it isn't actually displaying any fault.
    We might have done it if Apple still had Express Replacement for non-Applecare customers, but (as I found out when my own iPhone 7 failed before Christmas), that service is now only available to customers with Applecare cover on their devices (ie: You now have to pay €149 to get a service that used to be available for €30).

Well, my wife's 6s began to have issues (80% battery at bedtime, 0% in the morning, requiring a full recharge), so I got a new iPhone 8, gave my 7 to my wife, and we then had no issue with the week or so it took to get the battery replaced.
    The 6s, with its new battery, is now on adverts, under my username.

If you have a 6s that qualifies, don't forget that the recall programme (link) only covers the phones for three years from date of first sale which, given that the phones affected were made during September/October 2015, means that most phones will be no longer eligible by this time next year.

Advertisement