Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to meet up with a Basenji

Options
  • 02-12-2016 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of any Basenjis in Ireland that I could meet.
    Not ready to get a dog at present as I'm away from home to often and would have to farm him/her out every time.
    Thanks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

dohouch wrote: »
    Anybody know of any Basenjis in Ireland that I could meet.
    Not ready to get a dog at present as I'm away from home to often and would have to farm him/her out every time.
    Thanks

Where are you based? I do know of a couple of them. There is a show on the 26th of December in Dublin that might have some. I will know more when the Breed Entry figures come out. Probably the best way to see the breed though if you are really dedicated to meeting one would be to go to a UK show. Crufts can be done in a day trip & it is actually a very handy venue to get to!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Knine wrote: »
    Where are you based? I do know of a couple of them. There is a show on the 26th of December in Dublin that might have some. I will know more when the Breed Entry figures come out. Probably the best way to see the breed though if you are really dedicated to meeting one would be to go to a UK show. Crufts can be done in a day trip & it is actually a very handy venue to get to!

27th Knine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

@Knine Nice to hear there are some in Ireland, was thinking I would have to to U.K. I'm in West Kerry, near Tralee. Can't go to dog show, I'd only get confused, would like to have a bit of time with one or two of them. Have a relation in U.K. who I was thinking of visiting and tying in with some basenji viewing .

@andreac- Is
    27th Knine
    the upcoming dog show on 26th December or is it some masonic handshake kind of thing? Please explain

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

dohouch wrote: »
    @Knine Nice to hear there are some in Ireland, was thinking I would have to to U.K. I'm in West Kerry, near Tralee. Can't go to dog show, I'd only get confused, would like to have a bit of time with one or two of them. Have a relation in U.K. who I was thinking of visiting and tying in with some basenji viewing .

@andreac- Is the upcoming dog show on 26th December or is it some masonic handshake kind of thing? Please explain

Its on the 27th, not the 26th. Its an all breed championship dog show in Swords, Dublin:)

Advertisement