Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 & Gaming chairs

Options
  • 02-12-2016 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi

My boys (15/12) got a PS4 last year - and we were thinking of getting gaming chairs (theyre are some good deals out there at the moment (Rocker velocity chair is the one we were looking at (reduced from €130 to €95)

my question is do these things connect directly to the PS4 or do i need contraptions separately in order to use them - dont want them dissapointed on christmas day !!

any info appreciated. thanks

Comments

Get a desk and some good office chairs if we are talking a bedroom set up here. You'll save on the chiropractor in later years!!!!!! These "gaming" chairs are pure skutter and all kinds of wrong for your back and neck.

Plus nothing says mancave more than a desk set up :cool:

I understand you want something cool for christmas but trust me all you are buying is chiropractor appointments !!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Trending wrote: »
    Hi

My boys (15/12) got a PS4 last year - and we were thinking of getting gaming chairs (theyre are some good deals out there at the moment (Rocker velocity chair is the one we were looking at (reduced from €130 to €95)

my question is do these things connect directly to the PS4 or do i need contraptions separately in order to use them - dont want them dissapointed on christmas day !!

any info appreciated. thanks

Those chairs will come with leads etc for hooking up the PS4 to, now they might not be long enough however.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Get a desk and some good office chairs if we are talking a bedroom set up here. You'll save on the chiropractor in later years!!!!!! These "gaming" chairs are pure skutter and all kinds of wrong for your back and neck.

Plus nothing says mancave more than a desk set up :cool:

I understand you want something cool for christmas but trust me all you are buying is chiropractor appointments !!!!

Can we all just agree to "thank" this post cause it's f**king spot on.

OP, I spent maybe 2 years worth of Physiotherapy and Osteopath work trying to sort my back after sitting it stupid ways when gaming, and these X-Rockers are the devil incarnate

Never get a gimmicky chair with speakers and stuff like that built in.

I got this a while back and it's great.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H4OGAFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can we all just agree to "thank" this post cause it's f**king spot on.

OP, I spent maybe 2 years worth of Physiotherapy and Osteopath work trying to sort my back after sitting it stupid ways when gaming, and these X-Rockers are the devil incarnate

Never get a gimmicky chair with speakers and stuff like that built in.

I got this a while back and it's great.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H4OGAFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now now generic, this isnt your typical Xrocker (Link below), is the exact same comfort level as the seat you linked too cos I tried both out but bought the xrocker in the end for the bluetooth so I can listen to some tunes :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5272235/Trail/searchtext%3EXROCKER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That costs 3 times as much as the one I linked, just for some speakers in the headrest though, Poor show

• Advertisement

That costs 3 times as much as the one I linked, just for some speakers in the headrest though, Poor show

I got it for 153 less 20% discount and a 10er voucher :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

the best thing anyone could do with an xrocker chair is to find a bonfire and throw it on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wouldn't put big speakers right up to a young teenager's ears - you're just asking for tinnitus here.

Decent 2.1 speaker system set 6 feet away is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Do people actually buy those yokes. I have never seen one in a real persons house.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I wouldn't put big speakers right up to a young teenager's ears - you're just asking for tinnitus here.

Decent 2.1 speaker system set 6 feet away is better.

In fairness the one I have they arent big speakers, they are just under your shoulders with a volume dial on the side etc so they can control the volume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Buy a decent office chair and a decent pair of speakers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was in pc world blanch yesterday buying printer ink and saw loads of these gimmicky looking gaming chair's near the front, my dad thought they were racing seats!. No way would I buy one of these for anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Its funny theres been like two replies to the question, the rest is just well :pac:

Advertisement