Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blister in same spot...

Options
  • 01-12-2016 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I've been having.

I keep getting blisters on the inside of the sole of my right foot. The distances I'm running are around the 5 to 10km mark, usually 2 or 3 times a week.

I wear Brooks GTS 15 runners, which are very comfortable for the first 4km or so, and then the pain starts on my right foot. I usually try to run through it which tears the skin clean off my foot. My left foot never feels sore or blisters at all.

Can anyone give me any advice on how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Change shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Change the insoles - worked for me when I had that problem with one particular pair of shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

another thing is to ensure socks (and runners of course) are well fitting and not rubbing the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

Try putting talc powder in your socks also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

rub vaseline on your outside of your socks and get Engo blister pads.
    http://www.goengo.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭UM1

Pop it with a scizzors and put some duct tape over it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Let the dog lick it.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

You need friction and moisture to cause a blister so eliminate those and you should be fine.

For the existing blister compeed or some non-branded shop's own version of same blister plaster will work wonders.

To prevent future blisters:
    • Body glide pre-run on the area. Vaseline will work as well but isn't great for your socks
    • Try different socks
    • Change the insoles in your running shoes
    • Change your running shoes
    • Play around with tying your laces differently in case that makes a difference to how they are hugging your foot

Happy Running

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ISOP

I had the exact same problem for ages, proper 1000 mile socks and bodyglide sorted it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I used to get pretty bad blisters and the one thing that worked for me was to put a large piece of elastoplast on the area before each run.

Other preventative things worth considering are hip mobility and core strength.

• Advertisement
Advertisement