Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO HELP!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 01-12-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm sitting the Leaving cert this June and I hope to get 530+. I've narrowed down what I want to do in college to engineering, but I don't know where to do it. initially I wanted to do it in NUIG but then I was told by friends that other colleges are better for engineering. I've been to the UCD and UL open days and I was really impressed by both. UCD has a better reputation but I am put off by the huge numbers that do engineering in UCD (something like 250 people). UL has loads of international connections but it doesn't have the reputation. Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

Why do huge numbers bother you so much? The UCD engineering course has a pretty good rep so I don't think you should view numbers as an issue. UCD has the size to fit those numbers.
    As for UL thats a tricky one, I think if you want to work abroad UL will not help nearly as much as UCD. Even the course is probably not as well taught.

Advertisement