Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Languages in the tourism sector.

Options
  • 01-12-2016 2:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I started studying for a degree in languages last year and I'm into the second year of a six year part time course. I also have a diploma in hotel management. Some time ago I decided to stop giving a bollix about how much I earned as in the hotel business I am on a hiding to nothing. I would like to stay in the tourism business but for an industry that deals primarily with travellers, there are very little jobs there for language speakers, jobs don't even say "foreign language an advantage". The only jobs I saw that deal with travellers were for Hertz in Swords. I just find it incredible, for a long time now, the industry's lack of care in this area, am I alone in this?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement