Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4 infinite load screen

Options
  • 01-12-2016 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I have been having a problem with Fallout 4 recently where it won't go past the opening cinematic of the garage with the power suit in it.

I have tried turning it off at the console and plugging out as folks online have said before, but this didnt work for me.

Does anyone here have any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

An uninstall and reinstall might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

An uninstall and reinstall might do the trick.

would that lose all progress?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

would that lose all progress?

No, but it'll mean downloading all the patches again (and the game itself if it's digital)

EDIT: Had a quick google there, and apparently you're not alone. The suggested solution is to turn off instant on mode and to hard reset the console (i.e. hold power button for ten seconds, then unplug for one minute.)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

CatInABox wrote: »
    No, but it'll mean downloading all the patches again (and the game itself if it's digital)

EDIT: Had a quick google there, and apparently you're not alone. The suggested solution is to turn off instant on mode and to hard reset the console (i.e. hold power button for ten seconds, then unplug for one minute.)

Thats what I tried but maybe I'm doing it wrong, I'm sure there is a youtube video of someone doing a hard reset out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I've had this happen with Far Cry 4 and the fix is the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement