Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miised amazon delivery, Post office have returned it to them

Options
  • 01-12-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

I had a parcel form Amazon, and was under the impression it was coming from UK, so I would have plenty of time to collect it from the delivery centre.
    Forgot they often dispatch from Ireland, so it gets returned in 5 days.
    I have the failed delivery docket from the Post office, but no tracking number on it (postman just wrote amazon on it)
    Problem is I don't know which order it is, as I have a few ordered for Christmas.

What's the best way to get this? How will Amazon be able to identify it in the their return centre.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I had a parcel form Amazon, and was under the impression it was coming from UK, so I would have plenty of time to collect it from the delivery centre.
    Forgot they often dispatch from Ireland, so it gets returned in 5 days.
    I have the failed delivery docket from the Post office, but no tracking number on it (postman just wrote amazon on it)
    Problem is I don't know which order it is, as I have a few ordered for Christmas.

What's the best way to get this? How will Amazon be able to identify it in the their return centre.

They can identify by scanning 1 of the bar codes that are normally on the parcel.

Why don't you try to collect they might leave it in the depot longer in some cases.

If you search google you might find a phone number for your sorting office or post office to check if your parcel still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

nava wrote: »
    They can identify by scanning 1 of the bar codes that are normally on the parcel.

Why don't you try to collect they might leave it in the depot longer in some cases.

If you search google you might find a phone number for your sorting office or post office to check if your parcel still there.
    Yeah I tried collecting and they told me it was returned to Amazon in D17.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Yeah I tried collecting and they told me it was returned to Amazon in D17.

Out of interest did you manage to sort this? I've had same problem and wondering what happens now. Will they attempt delivery again from D17 ?

skipper_G wrote: »
    Out of interest did you manage to sort this? I've had same problem and wondering what happens now. Will they attempt delivery again from D17 ?
    Not yet, I''m not sure what it is, so hard to get Amazon to reattempt delivery.
    I prefer when couriers bring stuff, they make more effort to drop with a neighbour or contact me when they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,235 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not yet, I''m not sure what it is, so hard to get Amazon to reattempt delivery.
    I prefer when couriers bring stuff, they make more effort to drop with a neighbour or contact me when they arrive.

In fairness to an post it was sitting there waiting for you for at least 5 days.

• Advertisement

In fairness to an post it was sitting there waiting for you for at least 5 days.
    My point is they make very little effort to deliver. I have twice noticed them just slip a failed delivery note through my door, without even knocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

My point is they make very little effort to deliver. I have twice noticed them just slip a failed delivery note through my door, without even knocking.

My issue with An Post was threefold, they claimed to have attempted delivery when I had been home all day, left no note to inform of the 'missed delivery' then returned it to Amazon after 3 days instead of the 5 they should have waited. A call to customer services and all he could say was "sorry nothing I can do ring Amazon".

So I tend to agree with you

Advertisement