Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to pay for item in UK

Options
  • 01-12-2016 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I have agreed a price with seller and need to send funds to him old school style.
    not paypal/electronically etc.

options are
    1. cheque
    2. money order
    3. postal order
    4. Any other type???

its for 150 sterling so i am confused as to the best method to choose so he would have the funds cleared in the soonest possible time.

any direction on this on please?
    thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

If he will accept a cheque (which would have to be lodged and have to clear) I'd wonder why you cant do an electronic payment into his account which would only take 24 hours...?? Is he an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭seanin4711

exaisle wrote: »
    If he will accept a cheque (which would have to be lodged and have to clear) I'd wonder why you cant do an electronic payment into his account which would only take 24 hours...?? Is he an idiot?

not an idiot!
    not happy giving me his bank details online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Western union is an option. It at least provides an electronic record of the transaction. No bank details required.

It doesn't give you any protection as such but neither does any other option.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Where are you buying from? Can you source the product any other way?

I would be worried about been a scam.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The seller doesn't want to give out bank details to protect himself (even though there is no risk) - but what protection are you getting?

At what point will you receive the item?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

seanin4711 wrote: »
    not an idiot!

Considering bank details of major companies are on their websites and every cheque written has them, the seller is some stupid fool.

No wonder some hysterical rag tabloids could get brits to vote out of eu.

I'd just cancel the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

seanin4711 wrote: »
    not an idiot!

Why would he need to give you his bank details ? Can't he just give you a paypal address ?

Advertisement