Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to apply as a mature student?

Options
  • 01-12-2016 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hey I recently turned 23 and I'm thinking of reapplying to college, I have enough points in the leaving cert for the courses I want by a fair amount so is it possible to apply as a traditional student? Or do I have to go down the mature student route regardless of leaving cert points.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alltacht

You can apply with your points via the CAO as a general entry student.. you will be part of the points race with all the school leavers, thats what I did last year and I'm 28! Just be sure you're within a safe limit of possible point fluctuations upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Thanks! Yeah I have a 50 point gap and it went down in this years points so I should be safe.

Advertisement