Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PACT Coffee + Starter Kit £6.95 + PM/PW/AP

Options
  • 01-12-2016 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Pact are doing another starter kit for those of you who liked it last time.- V60 + 100 filters

http://welcome.pactcoffee.com/recipe22/

Its £6.95 + whatever delivery method you choose from UK to here.

ITs a subscription coffee ( so cancel sub when shipped)

You'll need a different card and email address.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Anyone know how the V60 system work? Is it just a filter you plonk on top of your cup, chuck in coffee and then pour boiling water on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone know how the V60 system work? Is it just a filter you plonk on top of your cup, chuck in coffee and then pour boiling water on top?

that's the gist of it. but if you want a really good cup follow this guide.

https://www.hasbean.co.uk/blogs/brew-guides/6552923-kalita-wave-brew-guide

it's for a kalita wave but V60 is very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm short...yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got this last time with a free KeepCup which I still use.
    Great coffee and the V60 is quite good actually.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

that's the gist of it. but if you want a really good cup follow this guide.

https://www.hasbean.co.uk/blogs/brew-guides/6552923-kalita-wave-brew-guide

it's for a kalita wave but V60 is very similar.

My local (Two Bean in Dun Laoghaire) use this method and it looks/smells fantastic. Takes a lot of time and effort on their part but probably worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

If you're a fan of espresso machines and crema this will probably end up in the junk drawer / cupboard with the tupperwear with missing lids :P

Takes feckin ages doesn't extract half the compounds from the coffee that an espresso machine does, no crema, no fines just an oily slick on top of a thin cup of coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Basq wrote: »
    Got this last time with a free KeepCup which I still use.
    Great coffee and the V60 is quite good actually.

I use my v60 in work:)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

If you're a fan of espresso machines and crema this will probably end up in the junk drawer / cupboard with the tupperwear with missing lids :P

Takes feckin ages doesn't extract half the compounds from the coffee that an espresso machine does, no crema, no fines just an oily slick on top of a thin cup of coffee.

I'm thinking of using it for work where we have a kettle but no machine, hob, etc. Not expecting espresso quality, but as long as it's like a decent drip coffee and better than the "barista style instant coffee" I'll probably get good use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I use the AeroPress at home.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerobie-AeroPress-Coffee-Maker-Storage/dp/B0018RY8H0/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1480592789&sr=1-2&keywords=aeropress

I'm fortunate enough to have a coffee machine at work but if I didn't then I would be getting this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm thinking of using it for work where we have a kettle but no machine, hob, etc. Not expecting espresso quality, but as long as it's like a decent drip coffee and better than the "barista style instant coffee" I'll probably get good use out of it.

Get an aeropress... much better suited to making in work, makes a great coffee too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement