Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping

Options
  • 30-11-2016 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was clamped today at train station in a spot that everyone uses everyday ..I've been parked in this spot on and off for weeks ...

The cowboys now say I was parked in spot not marked for parking and it was illegal ..called them asked they why no clamp for last 3 months....every day spot has car in it ...no markings no yellow box ..blocking nothing....

Hung up on operator...removed clamp with damaging clamp just the lock which I will replace no sweat ...but 125 to remove clamp a joke ...

Has this ever happen....anyone ever bought court ???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

a few days ago IE had a sort of amnesty where they refunded people clamped for not parking in marked bays. I think you can take it that there would be zero tolerance after that

(assuming you had a valid ticket)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tweet21

Isambard wrote: »
    a few days ago IE had a sort of amnesty where they refunded people clamped for not parking in marked bays. I think you can take it that there would be zero tolerance after that

(assuming you had a valid ticket)

I havery a valid monthly ticket....looks like I saved them the administration work ...thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Tweet21 wrote: »
    I was clamped today at train station in a spot that everyone uses everyday ..I've been parked in this spot on and off for weeks ...

The cowboys now say I was parked in spot not marked for parking and it was illegal ..called them asked they why no clamp for last 3 months....every day spot has car in it ...no markings no yellow box ..blocking nothing....

Hung up on operator...removed clamp with damaging clamp just the lock which I will replace no sweat ...but 125 to remove clamp a joke ...

Has this ever happen....anyone ever bought court ???

Thanks

The clamp company would probably claim it was malicious damage, but I see it as a Liberating Strike for Justice.

Fair play to you.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You park there everyday, and you cut off the clamp... Make sure you keep your affairs in order.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I'd be getting fake reg plates to stick on the car every time you park there from now on! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Apart from it happening at a rail station, which seems to be incidental, the thread probably would be more suited to Motors.

Why it's in Train and Rail Systems, I know not...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement