Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gaming build

Options
  • 30-11-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi,
    I don't have a PC so I'm writing this on a tablet. Apologies for typos/bad formats in advance.

I'm building a casual/enthusiast gaming PC. Leaning more on the casual.
    Budget 700 to 900

Mindfactory appears to have replaced HWVS as the defacto site so it made sense to use as point of reference.

However against Amazon, Amazon turns out to be cheaper!?? How is this possible? Am I doing something wrong?
    Mind factory:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/343401/402808.pdf
    Amazon:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/343401/402809.pdf

I've attached the two documents. With shipping ( I'm guessing is 30eur) mindfactory is 15 eur dearer!

Should I just go with Amazon then? Easier to deal with English speakers... in case customer service.

If you feel an item in my list could be better replaced with something cheaper please feel free to advise.

If you happen to have mod powers can you please inline the attachments? Can't figure it out on this bloody thing.

Cheers for your help lads.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 K1NG_

I recently bought my pc internals off mindfactory but I used amazon for other parts e.g case and psu. Don't buy a case off mindfactory as they tend to be more expensive and can add extra on shipping. The best thing about mindfactory are the deals they have, so if you catch it at a good time you could save a lot. The deals change regularly enough so hopefully you can find the ones off your build. You can also catch some deals this week off amazon, and free shipping on most things is fairly handy.
    Goodluck with the build!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

K1NG_ wrote: »
    I recently bought my pc internals off mindfactory but I used amazon for other parts e.g case and psu. Don't buy a case off mindfactory as they tend to be more expensive and can add extra on shipping. The best thing about mindfactory are the deals they have, so if you catch it at a good time you could save a lot. The deals change regularly enough so hopefully you can find the ones off your build. You can also catch some deals this week off amazon, and free shipping on most things is fairly handy.
    Goodluck with the build!

Hi King, that's reasonable I guess. The deals on Amazon are still on hence Amazon being 15 quid cheaper than mind factory. It's a shame currency exchange gbp eur is more or less normal when I need it :(
    Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If amazon is cheaper go amazon

Turns out it is 40 quid cheaper if I arbitrage Amazon and mind factory.
    Is there a language template for mind factory? Received email order but can't read it :S

Nvm guys. Translated the part I needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Gmail translates them automatically, just copy paste it into www.translate.google.com

Advertisement