Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Glass Painting

Options
  • 30-11-2016 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Im planning a night with my sisters before christmas to have a night in, takeaway and a few glasses of wine! I thought it might be nice to buy some glasses and paint them up with christmas designs. I did some glass painting with bottles when I was in college. Im wondering if anyone can recommend paints to use and do you think I should use droppers or paint brushes

Any ideas or tips on what to get or do??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

You can use any of the commercial glass paints, ideally the ones that you set in the oven, none of them are foodsafe so keep them away from the edge of the glasses and paint the outside only. Decide whether you want opaque or transparent. Most glass paint is dishwasher safe but will scrub off so try not to hand wash. Marabu, Pebeo or Decoart all have glass paint which is a good quality. I prefer to use a brush myself, but do occassionally also sponge paint on. Pintrest is a great place to find ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

callee wrote: »
    You can use any of the commercial glass paints, ideally the ones that you set in the oven, none of them are foodsafe so keep them away from the edge of the glasses and paint the outside only. Decide whether you want opaque or transparent. Most glass paint is dishwasher safe but will scrub off so try not to hand wash. Marabu, Pebeo or Decoart all have glass paint which is a good quality. I prefer to use a brush myself, but do occassionally also sponge paint on. Pintrest is a great place to find ideas.

Thanks a million for this. This idea came in to my head and I thought it was a great one! I'll have a root around pintrest! 😀

Advertisement