Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Club Fundraising - Strictly Come Dancing

Options
  • 30-11-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,
    just wondering what has been the experience of those running Strictly Come Dancing fundraising events for GAA clubs.
    - Have they been difficult to organise - will members get involved.?
    - Does it take a lot of time & effort.?
    - Has the event raised the expected amount.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hi,
    just wondering what has been the experience of those running Strictly Come Dancing fundraising events for GAA clubs.
    - Have they been difficult to organise - will members get involved.?
    - Does it take a lot of time & effort.?
    - Has the event raised the expected amount.?

Our club ran one - I wasnt involved but attended on the night. You can do it all yourself or get in a company to do it. You will need to have a decent setup on the night, and some dance company to train your dancers.

Members will definitely get involved - its a great novelty. Once you have the dancers and begin to advertise it it will create a buzz around the place. People will show up on the night as its a night out with a difference.

I would look into the Lip Sync/Broadway shows if possible, I think they are a bit more laid back and more entertaining than the Strictly events.

As regards money, this will obviously depend on your numbers/venue etc. But it is a great way to raise a big whack of money for a couple of weeks effort.

Advertisement