Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to tell Amazon to deliver to Post Office for collection

Options
  • 30-11-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

I sent a parcel to a person but they weren't there when they tried to deliver it.

Is there any way on the app to get the delivery dropped at the local post office?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I sent a parcel to a person but they weren't there when they tried to deliver it.

Is there any way on the app to get the delivery dropped at the local post office?

Thanks

If I'm not in when An Post attempt delivery they leave a note say collect at this post office with a reference number. They don't try to deliver ir twice .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It will automatically go to the local Delivery Unit. This may be the PO or it may be a location further away. They only make one attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Any way to find out the local delivery unit without actually seeing the note they have left?

I would love to be able to just leave messages or phone numbers on the app so the delivery man can either ring you or drop it to a neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It should be simple enough to deduce from the PO finder on the an post website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It is a rural post office so I fear it may have gone to the regional depot where the postmen collect the mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,924 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Thanks

You'd have to create an address pal account for that. Otherwise it'll go back to the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It is a rural post office so I fear it may have gone to the regional depot where the postmen collect the mail.

I live in a small town. We have a small post office and the postmen(2 of them covering a large area in vans) don't go to the DSU to collect their stuff. It gets dropped to the post office, they fill their vans, and off they go.

If they can't deliver to me it gets held in my local post office for 5 days and if I don't collect it gets returned to the sender.

Advertisement