Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish citizenship

Options
  • 30-11-2016 4:22am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1


    Hi.every one. Some one helpme about my citizenship application. I made my irish citizenship application jan2014 .send all document. I have 2 driving offence no insurance. 2010 and 2014 .they ask some document .i can send and explain. I am living this country last 10 year. No smoke no drinking. I am full time employe. I respect law. Still waiting answer. How long take more time. Some one help me i am just worry.i never get irish citizenship or take more wait. Just let me if any one know about it. Thanking you.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating


    Star550 wrote: »
    Hi.every one. Some one helpme about my citizenship application. I made my irish citizenship application jan2014 .send all document. I have 2 driving offence no insurance. 2010 and 2014 .they ask some document .i can send and explain. I am living this country last 10 year. No smoke no drinking. I am full time employe. I respect law. Still waiting answer. How long take more time. Some one help me i am just worry.i never get irish citizenship or take more wait. Just let me if any one know about it. Thanking you.

    I know someone whom applied Jan 2016, took Oath in September, so six months for an answer, and they into the next available ceremony, but it varies according to applicant, Spouse of an Irish citizen would tend to be faster.

    I polite letter or email to the office might help, they tend to respond reasonable fast.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania


    Star550 wrote: »
    I have 2 driving offence no insurance. 2010 and 2014 

    I respect law.
    Contradictory
    Ill reserve my citizenship comment


  • Registered Users Posts: 1 docjb


    hi everyone,


    I've been working as a doc in hospital for more than 5 years now with work permit. according to residency calculator i'm eligible to apply for citizenship cause i've been resident for more than 1900 days.

    went thru the application form and there is a section which asks whether i've been absent from the country for more than 6 weeks.

    Over the last 5 years I've never been absent from the country for more than 6 weeks in one go but there are 2 or 3 years in my residency where the total amount of days in one calendar year exceeds 6 weeks. (Not sure this 6 weeks period is continuous or non-continuous)This is has been mainly because I've attended conferences outside Ireland, sat uk exams or visited family in my country of origin, holidays in Spain.

    does that mean that my application will be turned down?! Whats has been people's experience on this?

    Thank you


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating


    docjb wrote: »
    hi everyone,


    I've been working as a doc in hospital for more than 5 years now with work permit. according to residency calculator i'm eligible to apply for citizenship cause i've been resident for more than 1900 days.

    went thru the application form and there is a section which asks whether i've been absent from the country for more than 6 weeks.

    Over the last 5 years I've never been absent from the country for more than 6 weeks in one go but there are 2 or 3 years in my residency where the total amount of days in one calendar year exceeds 6 weeks. (Not sure this 6 weeks period is continuous or non-continuous)This is has been mainly because I've attended conferences outside Ireland, sat uk exams or visited family in my country of origin, holidays in Spain.

    does that mean that my application will be turned down?! Whats has been people's experience on this?

    Thank you

    Reread that section, does it not say list all absences of over 6 weeks?


  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian


    Star550 wrote: »
    Hi.every one. Some one helpme about my citizenship application. I made my irish citizenship application jan2014 .send all document. I have 2 driving offence no insurance. 2010 and 2014 .they ask some document .i can send and explain. I am living this country last 10 year. No smoke no drinking. I am full time employe. I respect law. Still waiting answer. How long take more time. Some one help me i am just worry.i never get irish citizenship or take more wait. Just let me if any one know about it. Thanking you.


    Sorry, OP, you sound way too dramatic to be honest. Calm down and wait. It takes as much time as needed. Some people get proccessed quickly, some are not.
    If you used the same style in your application as in your post, no suprise they are taking their time.
    Hopefully you disclosed those offences in your application. Be patient and good luck.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman


    docjb wrote: »
    hi everyone,


    I've been working as a doc in hospital for more than 5 years now with work permit. according to residency calculator i'm eligible to apply for citizenship cause i've been resident for more than 1900 days.

    went thru the application form and there is a section which asks whether i've been absent from the country for more than 6 weeks.

    Over the last 5 years I've never been absent from the country for more than 6 weeks in one go but there are 2 or 3 years in my residency where the total amount of days in one calendar year exceeds 6 weeks. (Not sure this 6 weeks period is continuous or non-continuous)This is has been mainly because I've attended conferences outside Ireland, sat uk exams or visited family in my country of origin, holidays in Spain.

    does that mean that my application will be turned down?! Whats has been people's experience on this?

    Thank you

    No, it doesn't necessarily mean that your application will be turned down. You just have to disclose the absences (on the application form with full details/explanations on a separate sheet).


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Paulajzq


    If you don't mind I would like to attach my question to yours. I am married to an Irish citizen since 2012 and would like to apply for citizenship on that base. My problem is that I am unemployed for few years now, I have never collected any welfare payments (apart child benefit). My husband is the sole provider for our family thus he's paying for all the bills, as a result no bills are in my name. The only proof of residency that I have is the fact that I am currently studying full time (graduating this year, and applying for masters for next academic year - September 2017-2018). I also could provide car tax, car insurance correspondence and TV license. My question is, will my application be rejected on the bases of insufficient proof of residency and/or unemployment? Thank you


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson


    This post has been deleted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Paulajzq


    thank you for your replay. I'm worried about unemployment being an issue as there was a mention of ability to support yourself, I'm assuming since I'm unemployed I'm unable to do so. I am aware of 3 proofs per year for the last 3 years of residency, but I'm not sure would the documents/letters that I have mentioned are sufficient as a proof. Those are the only letters with my name and address that I have even though I live in Ireland for 10 years consistently. Once again thank you for the replay.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson


    This post has been deleted.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Paulajzq


    You've put my mind at ease :) Thank you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania


    Gather as much documentation as possible.
    Invoices from the college you attend stating your name and address
    Your husband more than likely claimed you on his tax return, get copies
    is your name on the mortgage or lease? if so get them
    what about bank accounts or credit cards?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Paulajzq


    I didn't realized that tax return credits are a proof, how could I get copies? would it be enough to print it of off PAYE anytime? No mortgage and no lease unfortunately with my name on it. I do have bank account (only debit card, no credit cards) but my account does not show "day to day transactions" as required, therefore this is no proof of residency (or so I was told before). Neither I or my husband ever thought that I have to put my name on utilities end so on, and since he pays for it from his bank account it seemed pointless. I understand why all that paper work is required but in my case it seems like there is no way around it and it's disheartening.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter


    Paulajzq wrote: »
    I didn't realized that tax return credits are a proof, how could I get copies? would it be enough to print it of off PAYE anytime? No mortgage and no lease unfortunately with my name on it. I do have bank account (only debit card, no credit cards) but my account does not show "day to day transactions" as required, therefore this is no proof of residency (or so I was told before). Neither I or my husband ever thought that I have to put my name on utilities end so on, and since he pays for it from his bank account it seemed pointless. I understand why all that paper work is required but in my case it seems like there is no way around it and it's disheartening.

    Have you visited your GP or a hospital during the past few years. If so, then maybe the GP/hospital could confirm those visits.

    You mention that you receive child benefit - have your kid(s) been in a creche or school and do you deliver/collect them every day? If so then maybe the school/creche could confirm this.


    Finally, check out this website and if you think they can help, be sure to contact these people: http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Paulajzq


    Sorry for replying so late (i had problems with my internet connection), I will try GP and school but I don't think it will help (no one in school knows me personally, they only see me once a year for parent/teacher meetings, and class teacher changes every year so doubt they remember me, same goes for GP, since 2008/9 (which is the year i registered with my current GP) Ive been to see him a handful of times. But I will definitively give it a go and hope for the best :) Thank you for your suggestions :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mrnoel


    Paulajzq wrote: »
    Sorry for replying so late (i had problems with my internet connection), I will try GP and school but I don't think it will help (no one in school knows me personally, they only see me once a year for parent/teacher meetings, and class teacher changes every year so doubt they remember me, same goes for GP, since 2008/9 (which is the year i registered with my current GP) Ive been to see him a handful of times. But I will definitively give it a go and hope for the best :) Thank you for your suggestions :)

    Hi
    I know this post is two years old but I am in the exact same situation with my wife,
    No credible sources of proof of residence.
    How did the application go for you.
    Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 14 JJ_2019


    Hi guys, I made a application for citizenship via naturalisation in July 2021, and received confirmation receipt on October 2021.. After that I haven't heard any communication since.. any one else in same situation or any idea, how long it will take? I still haven't heard anything and it's Nov 2022..


    Would appreciate your help

    Thanks in advance



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭dennyk


    Unfortunately being a practicing necromancer disqualifies you from naturalisation. Better luck next life!

    Seriously, it can take well over a year at this stage, and there is zero communication from them unless they need something from you or they have approved or denied your application. Nothing you can do but wait, really; you could try to contact them to ask for an update, but most likely you'll get no response, or a generic form letter saying your application is still being processed. I submitted mine in February 2021 and got the approval in May 2022, just barely getting into the June ceremony.



  • Registered Users Posts: 14 JJ_2019


    Hi Denny, when did you had received your letter confirming paid receipt...

    I applied in July 2021 and had confirmed receipt on Nov 2021.. did you receive your confirmation letter on Feb or ??


    Thanks



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭dennyk


    As I recall, I got the letter confirming receipt of my original application a few months after I applied, sent to me along with the original documents I'd submitted (passport, birth certificate, etc.). Didn't get anything from them again for a few more months, until the Garda vetting; they'd changed the way they did the vetting and switched to the current online system sometime after my original application, and due to data protection regulations they had to post me a letter asking me to sign and return a document giving them permission to email me the link to register for the online Garda vetting. Once I did that, they sent me that link and I registered and the vetting itself was complete within a week or so. Heard nothing more about my application until I received the letter in May 2022 saying my application was approved and instructing me to submit the €950 fee and scans of my ID and GNIB card and all that.



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 JJ_2019


    Thanks a million Denny.. those idea will definitely help me



  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire


    Timelines.

    My wife applied for Citizenship through Naturalisation in August, only received the receipt of application today Jan 24th.

    The letter advises it is on average a wait of 19 months to complete the citizenship.

    🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭PommieBast


    That is in line with what I read elsewhere. I applied March 2019 and was approved Feb 2020 (i.e. was asked for the Eur950) but it was July 2021 before I got my certificate.



  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kaAjaz


    Hi Dennyk

    i wonder when your Garda vetting was completed and disclosure was make to INIS than how long it took to receive the payment link after vetting was done.Please

    Regards

    KA



  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭dennyk


    Vetting was complete in August 2021, so it was about nine months. It's possible timelines might be a bit shorter now if they've managed to reduce some of the Covid backlog, though.



Advertisement