Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cables

Options
  • 29-11-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

I'm spec'ing out a home server, and not sure what cables are included if any with the motherboard, power supply and case.

What is typically supplied? And is it better to buy my own good quality cables for power and data (sata)? Are there any other cables for the internal bits of the PC that I need to purchase?

Looking at the specs on mind factory, they don't list what is supplied.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Motherboards tend to have 2 cables with them.

PSU will be okay with what's in the box, unless it's modular all the cables are stuck into the PSU anyways.

No need getting new satas unless you need extra, never seen any with different transfer speeds or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Look at the specs on the manufacturer's website, that'll usually tell you exactly what's in the box, but usually it's just 2 SATA cables. If you're building a server with more than 2 drives, then you'll need extra cables, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

It's a modular power supply.

Will check the manufacturers sites for what's included, thanks lads.

Advertisement