Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reports Plane carrying Brazilian football team gone missing in Colombia.

Options
  • 29-11-2016 6:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45

Just heard that a plane carrying the Brazilian football team has gone missing in Columbia, hopefully all will be alright in the end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Point of order; It's a brazilian football team rather than THE brazilian football team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

"Local media has reported that the charter aircraft was carrying members of Brazil Serie A side Chapecoense, who were scheduled to play in the Copa Sudamerica finals against Atletico National in Medellin on Wednesday."

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Away From Home

Plane crashed, 6 survivors reported, sad news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Away From Home

Point of order; It's a brazilian football team rather than THE brazilian football team.

Yes the Brazilian football team Chapecoense.

I must have forgot to enter the name of the team in my OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Jesus this sounds awful. As with any plane crash you wouldnt be positive on a good outcome. Let's hope the early figures of 6 survivors is on the low side.

Just seen some pictures of the crash site there. A miracle anyone survived at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Quite odd that this thread is so inactive, anyway seems plane crashes have become far more regular nowdays, I would definitely feel slighty more nrtvous and apprehensive than in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

BabyE wrote: »
    Quite odd that this thread is so inactive, anyway seems plane crashes have become far more regular nowdays, I would definitely feel slighty more nrtvous and apprehensive than in the past.

At an all-time low I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

It's Colombia. Columbia is where Washington DC is.

This is pretty shocking news. Just a few days ago one of the biggest clubs in Colombia (America de Cali) returned to the first division after five years in the lower tiers. Millions of fans were celebrating, while Atletico Nacional looked forward to the Copa Sudamericana final. Now that final won't take place and it's hard for anyone to get excited about a football match after such an awful tragedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Very surprised at the inactivity.

Chapecoense, relatively unknown small team from Brazil.

Much like Bournemouth, rose through the divisions the last few years and overachieving again this year. Terrible news to hear the team and everyone else on the plane that has lost their lives.

RIP

Only was thinking that myself. Very odd :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

This is so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Every second thread on here, people with Declinism due to Rosy Retrospection cognitive bias I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Very sad and tragic.
    Hope the survivors make a full recovery.

It reminds one of what happened to Manchester United in 1958.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I'm just seeing the story on the BBC now. What a dreadful tragedy to occur.

They were only minutes away from the intended airport before the plane had crashed.

Condolences to the families of those killed. Hope the survivors of the crash make a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A brazilian football team?

How many football teams is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Allinall

biko wrote: »
    A brazilian football team?

How many football teams is that?

Spectacular fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

RobertKK wrote: »
    Very sad and tragic.

And Torino in 1950

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

It's Colombia. Columbia is where Washington DC is.

Hold on a minute...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

RobertKK wrote: »
    Very sad and tragic.

Pretty much what I thought as well. Last I heard there was only three members of the traveling team survived, after another died in hospital.

Obviously can't forget the travelling public, and press who were also traveling on the flight.

Read earlier today that their opponents would forefit the tie (think it as been cancelled anyway), meaning that the trophy would be awarded to Chapecoense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

One of the players only found out last week he was going to be a dad, there's a video of him being told going around on Facebook. His poor partner :(

Advertisement