Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games PC Build 750 to 800 euros

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd get 8gb ram and try bump GPU to a 470 instead.

Cases, I'd stay wide of the CiT unless you want something pretty.

No comments on the other stuff, cases and monitors aren't my style

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

I'd get 8gb ram and try bump GPU to a 470 instead.

Cases, I'd stay wide of the CiT unless you want something pretty.

No comments on the other stuff, cases and monitors aren't my style

Thanks Digital Solitude, I had a look around for the Gigabyte Radeon 470 4GB, the cheapest I could find is £184 whick is almost £100 more than the Gigabyte Radeon 460, im not sure I could stretch the budget by that much as I also need to get a Semi Decent Mouse and keyboard, but will try.
    Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This would be better than any 460/470. It is on sale now so buy it first if you so wish.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-radeon-rx-480-g1-gaming-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-18e-gi.html

Thanks wotzgoingon, will have a look at that.

Any advice for which monitor to go with? Also looking for a gaming mouse, about €30 euros or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-23MP68VQ-23-Inch-Class-Monitor/dp/B01F1PSHVW/ref=sr_1_5?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1480530045&sr=1-5

The above monitor is good it is from amazon warehouse so cheap. Free delivery and at check out it is £76.99 including free delivery to Ireland. You will have to act fast if you want it, as the GPU I adviced yesterday is gone back up to it's full retail price and this monitor when sold will be gone.

I just noticed it is a AMD freesync monitor as well so it will pair very good with your AMD GPU.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-23MP68VQ-23-Inch-Class-Monitor/dp/B01F1PSHVW/ref=sr_1_5?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1480530045&sr=1-5

The above monitor is good it is from amazon warehouse so cheap. Free delivery and at check out it is £76.99 including free delivery to Ireland. You will have to act fast if you want it, as the GPU I adviced yesterday is gone back up to it's full retail price and this monitor when sold will be gone.

I just noticed it is a AMD freesync monitor as well so it will pair very good with your AMD GPU.

Thanks again wotzgoingon for your help, as its a xmas present probably better off getting a new one as would not be guaranteed to get one in good condition, they are £118.94 new, so I will probably get that one as the reviews are good.

I was going to buy that GPU today so thats crap that it has already gone back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you're going with the i3-6100 I would get a GTX1050 2GB over the RX460 (or GTX1060 3GB over RX470) as Nvidia GPU's perform better with lower end CPU due to less driver overhead. It has improved, but a year or two ago there was a shocking difference between head-to-head cards on i3 processors, the AMD cards were much slower than they were with i5.

The CIT Vanquish is actually a pretty OK case, but in my opinion the hands down best budget case is the Gamemax Atom, usually around £22 and has loads of space, side window, dual blue LED fans for the bling factor, etc. Also a fan of the CIT F3 in the same price range, very compact case with plenty graphics card room but hard drive and cabling space is pretty limited.

Just buy everything from the same place if possible, rather than be getting bits and pieces all over the place and be paying for postage. Or at worst, get the bulk of it from one place, and then one or two things from Amazon if needs be over £25 to qualify for free postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Automan wrote: »
    Also looking for a gaming mouse, about €30 euros or so.

this is on sale at the moment fo £20 and is highly regarded

If you're going with the i3-6100 I would get a GTX1050 2GB over the RX460 (or GTX1060 3GB over RX470) as Nvidia GPU's perform better with lower end CPU due to less driver overhead. It has improved, but a year or two ago there was a shocking difference between head-to-head cards on i3 processors, the AMD cards were much slower than they were with i5.

The CIT Vanquish is actually a pretty OK case, but in my opinion the hands down best budget case is the Gamemax Atom, usually around £22 and has loads of space, side window, dual blue LED fans for the bling factor, etc. Also a fan of the CIT F3 in the same price range, very compact case with plenty graphics card room but hard drive and cabling space is pretty limited.

Just buy everything from the same place if possible, rather than be getting bits and pieces all over the place and be paying for postage. Or at worst, get the bulk of it from one place, and then one or two things from Amazon if needs be over £25 to qualify for free postage.

Thanks TerrorFirmer, I bought the Game Max GM-One Knight from Amazon last night as it was the last one in stock, but thanks for the advice.
    I will look into getting the GTX1060 3GB as I also heard that there drivers are less buggy than AMDs cards. Would you recommend any particular card?

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    this is on sale at the moment fo £20 and is highly regarded

That looks like a good mouse, thanks Skerries.
    Would you be able to recommend a keyboard for me also, about €30 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I don't have experience of this keyboard but having backlit keys is very handy for night gaming

Skerries wrote: »
    I don't have experience of this keyboard but having backlit keys is very handy for night gaming

Thanks Skerries, I will have a look at that.

Ok, so I have ordered the following:

Game Max GM-One Knight Mid tower
    Asus H110M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Logitech G402
    LG 23MP68VQ 23-Inch Class Full HD IPS LED Monitor

Im in two minds at the moment to either get a I3 6100 for £101 on amazon with either a XFX RX-470P4LDB6 Radeon RX 470 for £179 on amazon or Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3 GB for £189 on amazon.

Or a I5 6600 for £199 on amazon with either Gigabyte RX 460 WF2 OC-4Gb 4 GB for £111 on amazon or MSI NVI11DIA GeForce GTX 1050 2G OC for £117 on amazon.

Any advice lads?

Unfortunately the XFX TS 430W 80+ Bronze cannot be shipped to Ireland, does anybody have a recommendation for a different power supply from amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In most games the i3-6100 + GTX1060/RX470 is the best choice, few would be better with an i5 with a GTX1050 (Battlefield 1 online particularly springs to mind).

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Thanks K.O.Kiki for your advice.

In most games the i3-6100 + GTX1060/RX470 is the best choice, few would be better with an i5 with a GTX1050 (Battlefield 1 online particularly springs to mind).

Thanks TerrorFirmer for your advice.

Advertisement