Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby beginner looking for info

Options
  • 28-11-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey, I'm currently in 6th year and looking to move to Dublin next year for college and preferably live in the the Marino/Fairview area. I was wondering if there are any rugby clubs who'd be playing at a level where I could learn how to play? Plus also information about gyms in the area would also help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Clontarf I think would be the nearest club to you, I would imagine they cater to all levels.

There's a huge gym in Fairview but I've a feeling it's expensive. All the colleges have gyms, which one are you going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Kerryman99 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm currently in 6th year and looking to move to Dublin next year for college and preferably live in the the Marino/Fairview area. I was wondering if there are any rugby clubs who'd be playing at a level where I could learn how to play? Plus also information about gyms in the area would also help.
    Where are you looking at going to college? Have you played much at all in Kerry? And if not taking from your study it would help if you played in a nearby club at home. Never too late to join. What age are you as if 18 you could play adult rugby. If not you would be limited to under 18 rugby. Munster Cup, Plate and Bowl competitions starting in next month to 6 weeks so perfect timing to join!
    Clontarf will be nearby and they've loads of teams and will cater for all levels of player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kerryman99

Ok perfect, I know roughly where Clontarf is in relation to Marino. I'll be hoping to go to Marino itself or Pats. Unfortunately the gym in Marino isn't great, not sure about Pats

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kerryman99

And Ive played before but not competitively. I wouldn't really be looking for serious rugby really, just a way to get into it at least and to meet new people at first anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Do you have a car? Ben Dunne in Northwood wouldn't be too far away. And it's something like €25 a month which is about as cheap as you'll get anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Kerryman99 we have a gym in Clontarf Rugby Club, which is free to use to all paying members - so long as it doesn't clash with the senior's training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

.ak wrote: »
    Kerryman99 we have a gym in Clontarf Rugby Club, which is free to use to all paying members - so long as it doesn't clash with the senior's training.

And we have student membership which is cheap enough I think it was 80 quid. 4g pitch and a full gym. Can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Head down to Clontarf its near where your hoping to be and its a good club with good facilities. The upside of the big Dublin clubs is having lots of adult teams playing at all levels from AIL down to a low level ideal for beginners/unfit/too old/too rubbish level and all inbetween.

Advertisement