Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Xbox One Download

Options
  • 28-11-2016 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

Checking my emails last night, I received two emailed invoices from MS for Battlefield downloads. I thought it was a scam but checked with my son, who has the Xbox.

Turns out a friend my son had staying for the weekend had indeed downloaded them. I told him to delete them, which he said he had.

Have now spent hours trying to figure out who/where to call/email about cancelling the order. There is no record of the order on my son's account, the order no. doesn't exist when I put it into search order fields. But when my wife (it was her card no. on the account) checked her bank this evening. The money was coming out.

Who do I contact? I found an MS customer care no. in Ireland (1850 94 09 40) but it's currently out of hours.

Any help gratefully received

(And the pox on all of Microsoft!)

Comments

You can do an online chat with them via their website but better off giving xbox support a call in the morning 1 800 509 186

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Checking my emails last night, I received two emailed invoices from MS for Battlefield downloads. I thought it was a scam but checked with my son, who has the Xbox.

Turns out a friend my son had staying for the weekend had indeed downloaded them. I told him to delete them, which he said he had.

Have now spent hours trying to figure out who/where to call/email about cancelling the order. There is no record of the order on my son's account, the order no. doesn't exist when I put it into search order fields. But when my wife (it was her card no. on the account) checked her bank this evening. The money was coming out.

Who do I contact? I found an MS customer care no. in Ireland (1850 94 09 40) but it's currently out of hours.

Any help gratefully received

(And the pox on all of Microsoft!)

It'll probably be fine. Give them a call when the line opens, and lay out the facts, it's a problem that's somewhat common.

Of course, Microsoft provide child accounts and account restrictions so that this kind of thing doesn't happen. There's a fair bit that would be your responsibility as well here, so I wouldn't be too cross on the phone call either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You can do an online chat with them via their website but better off giving xbox support a call in the morning 1 800 509 186

Their online chat wasn't working today. Useless company, just useless! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,957 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Their online chat wasn't working today. Useless company, just useless! :mad:

They are far from useless.

It's not their fault you left the kids unsupervised, with a active card on the account, without even a password set that must be entered before buying anything from the store.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They are far from useless.

It's not their fault you left the kids unsupervised, with a active card on the account, without even a password set that must be entered before buying anything from the store.

No. But it is all their fault I can't find out how to correct the problem.

• Advertisement

No. But it is all their fault I can't find out how to correct the problem.

But there would be no problem if you set your child's account properly or supervised them?

You have to accept some of the responsibility on this one.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    But there would be no problem if you set your child's account properly or supervised them?

You have to accept some of the responsibility on this one.

I wasn't looking to blame anyone for any part of the download, it happened! I just want to cancel the order and get my wife's money back. Those idiots at MS are preventing me from doing that through technical incompetence!

I wasn't looking to blame anyone for any part of the download, it happened! I just want to cancel the order and get my wife's money back. Those idiots at MS are preventing me from doing that through technical incompetence!

.....and you just lost any sympathy I had for you , if you want a refund better work on the attitude pal :D

It's not an order though, your son's friend has bought a product.

Most companies don't operate a live chat/telephone service 24 hours a day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thread closed because we've given the OP all the advice he needs, and it's just going down a dark, if slightly humorous path.

To sum up:

1. Activate any one of the multitude of security features that Microsoft supply to stop this from happening again.
    2. Call Xbox Support on 1 800 509 186 and explain what happened.

I would further suggest that in order to maximise the chances that you get anything back from Microsoft, to not act as you have here while on the phone with them. Calling a tech support person "useless" is quite literally the fastest way to make them actually "useless".

CIAB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement