Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas craft Fayre

Options
  • 28-11-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Castledermot Co Kildare. Pop up craft fayre opening this Friday. Open for the next three weekends and Christmas week.

On the main street between the hairdressers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Hey gashead, is that on all weekend long until Christmas do you know?

Some good info here, loads of stuff happening in Carlow. Santa's Boat Tour is on over Christams. Normally some good on in Ducketts Grove but can't find anything for this year? Also the Rathwood Santa Adventure is on. There is Santas Magical Trail in the Clanard Court Hotel. Castlecomer Woodland Santa Train is on in Discovery Park. Lisnavagh Christmas Fair in Rathvilly is on next weekend.

Anyone know of any other Christmas markets and events that are on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Normally some good on in Ducketts Grove but can't find anything for this year?

Haven't heard about anything on this year in Ducketts grove and doubt there will be as if you search the forum here you will see it was getting slated in a big way last year in terms of lack of parking, traffic co-ordination mess, Santa running out of presents etc etc..

tommycahir wrote: »
    Haven't heard about anything on this year in Ducketts grove and doubt there will be as if you search the forum here you will see it was getting slated in a big way last year in terms of lack of parking, traffic co-ordination mess, Santa running out of presents etc etc..

That's a pity, I'd love to see something on there once a month even. Missed it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

That's a pity, I'd love to see something on there once a month even. Missed it last year.

Maybe if there was better access.

I ve given up going to events out there just because of the hassle with traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

tommycahir wrote: »

I was there, arrived before lunch so crowds were not too bad but still very busy. We got in and out of santa fast but by the time we were leaving the queue for santa was enormous. The amount of people was unbelievable then came the task of trying to leave.

Traffic was one way in Ducketts Grove i.e. Cars in one entrance and out another but not on the road outside so you had cars coming from both directions waiting to get in so when I got to the exit to leave I was stuck fast in a line of cars waiting to get in and because there were fireworks planned for the evening you had the biggest crowds coming then.

I had a hungry, tired and cold 18month old in the car so I had no option but to dive on the wrong side until I got past the entrance and out to the Tullow road, even the Tullow road was backed up to Killerig.

They got totally overwhelmed and admitted so after the event but traffic plan or not in the future I wouldnt risk it again. What they should do is have people pre-book santa so they can stagger the flow of people to help alleviate the rush.

• Advertisement

They got totally overwhelmed and admitted so after the event but traffic plan or not in the future I wouldnt risk it again. What they should do is have people pre-book santa so they can stagger the flow of people to help alleviate the rush.

Good idea, that would be the best way to regulate the crowds. That and park and ride, and ferry people up and down in buses, from the car park on all approaches to Santa and back again afterwards. You could get a traffic management company to organise it for you as well, and they would install mobile traffic lights etc. all planned with the Gardai prior to the event.

There are so many things you can do, and i suppose that's it with most of these things, you can't get it right first time, or even every time, like the ploughing championship, that doesn't always go to plan either and that's a big event going on for years.

Advertisement