Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACNE: Roaccutane and peanut allergies

Options
  • 28-11-2016 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My dermatologist wanted to prescribe me roaccutane but I can't take it because of the peanut coating (I'm allergic). I've done some research and there are other brands available such as claravis, accurate and isotretinoin but I want to know if they're available in Ireland? My dermatologist prescribed my dianette instead but I'd prefer to try something similar to roaccutane that's not a contraceptive pill.
    Has anyone been prescribed a different form of roaccutane who has peanut allergies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

Cometz wrote: »
    My dermatologist wanted to prescribe me roaccutane but I can't take it because of the peanut coating (I'm allergic). I've done some research and there are other brands available such as claravis, accurate and isotretinoin but I want to know if they're available in Ireland? My dermatologist prescribed my dianette instead but I'd prefer to try something similar to roaccutane that's not a contraceptive pill.
    Has anyone been prescribed a different form of roaccutane who has peanut allergies?

I don't have peanut allergies but was on Roaccutane for a year for acne. It is absolutely fantastic and I have never looked back but the side effects are unbelievable. I have really sensitive skin and it reeked havoc. I'm not sure of another form of it, but I was given Differin Gel after I finished the course. Which I was told is a 'Roaccutane gel', it doesn't contain Roaccutane but does the same trick. Following the treatment, I was prescribed the gel to use to dot onto any acne breakouts, and they clear up within hours. It might be worth looking into the gel and asking if you could try it. I was on Dianette as you have to be on the pill while taking roaccutane (You cannot become pregnant on Roaccutane) but it didn't do anything for my acne and only caused other problems for me with Migraines etc. I was instead prescribed the mini pill.

Advertisement