Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local, regional and Irish gifts.

Options
  • 28-11-2016 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

So much good stuff out there to buy as presents where we can help ourselves, please post ideas here....I'm all for supporting local shops, restaurants and pubs in city centre but there is stuff made near by which helps local economy too so although if you are buying a fancy new phone, try do it in Waterford, that is not really what I'm getting at for ideas.
    -booze..metalman,dungarvan, legacy cider, gin and whiskey from downes, Muldoons whiskey too, who doesn't love some high quality booze at Christmas.
    -vouchers for local restaurants
    -vouchers for places..garter lane and theatre royal.decent comedians, films etc regularly on.
    -craft market in garter lane..lots of bits and pieces and ideas for gifts.
    -food producers around, check out winterval markets,ardkeen do great selection of local and regional tasty stuff, everything from Mexican salsa to fancy biscuits.
    -some great local music which can be given for present...marc O'Reilly, propeller palms, dead heavys all have good music out for music person you need to buy /download for.
    -the design centre near cathedral square..good stuff there and unique to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dzilla

Are Gallways doing the chocolates boxes this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tallcarrie

The Waterford Homecrafts Christmas Fair at Garter Lane Arts Centre, O'Connell Street is simply brilliant with a price range of €2-200, so something for every pocket, and you have the reassurance that everything is made either in Waterford or the south east. Open Mon-Sat, 10am-5.30pm, and Sun 12noon to 5.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Nice one Carrie.
    -Don't forget we have a couple of glass/Crystal manufacturers here too, someone might like some glasses or whatever as a present.
    - if giving to charity this Christmas folks, I know a lot of people make donations at this time for really worthwhile causes,obviously WLR and SVP are great local charities.I will give donation to that and the sacred heart school/care for kids with disabilities, you might have seen article in local paper about amazing work they do with kids and give parents some break, they raising money for better facilities, see Facebook below and they have direct donate page too.https://m.facebook.com/Friends-and-Family-Association-of-the-Sacred-Heart-Centre-110100375838540/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Waterford walls have a pop up shop on Georges street, nice few bits in there.

Advertisement