Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K17 (on X-Box 360)

Options
  • 28-11-2016 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Hi - My young fella mentioned that he was playing a wrestling game at his friends house on the X-Box and loved it so I was going to get him one for his birthday.

The only one I can see is WWE 2K17. It is rated as 16's which worries me slightly as he is only 8.

What kind of stuff would you see in a 16's game that would be unsuitable for an 8 year old ? Or better yet.... is anyone playing this game, and do you think there is anything specifically in this that would be unsuitable ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Well if he watches WWE on TV then there's nothing in this game that would not be too grown up for him. It basically is just the game version of what you see on TV so I see no problem there for him.

Obviously, like most games, playing online could come across some offensive people but you could just turn off access to online if you are worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Thanks Stevo - That is kind of what I was thinking myself. What could possibly be in the game that's not on TV. I can't understand where the 16's rating comes from.

He doesn't play on-line so not concerned about that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

There is an option for blood on these games - something that is very rare on WWE TV shows these days.

You can toggle it off however

• Registered Users Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wrestling games were my favourite when I was younger - Haven't played one in years now but as far as I remember, they were all fairly innocent. No bad language etc . .. Bra and Panties matches were probably what pushed the rating up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Sound - Thanks for the replies - I've purchased it now anyway so no turning back. I'll give a look for the option to toggle the blood and keep it clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

BnB wrote: »
    Sound - Thanks for the replies - I've purchased it now anyway so no turning back. I'll give a look for the option to toggle the blood and keep it clean.

It is set to OFF by default anyway. You have to go in to options to turn it ON

Advertisement