Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box

Options
  • 28-11-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks , looking for recommendations Android TV Box
    Will be used to stream Movies
    Browsing, You Tube, Chrome, Gmail etc

Will not be used for gaming

Must have 1gb wired network connection rj45
    at least 2GB RAM
    the usual ports HDMI etc
    an active Support forum, regular firmware updates
    Currently have
    MINIX NEO X8-H NON PLUS version Android 4.4 Smart TV, which is limited to 100mb wired and does not have [font=arial, sans-serif]802.11[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ac[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] . The Minix is stable, and has [/font]
    regular firmware updates , but limited to 100mb wired
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Looking for something that runs at 1gb wired , is stable and [/font]an active Support forum, regular firmware updates , please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Wetek would be only option like the Minix, device like the Core or new Play 2.
    They are an official Kodi developer/supporter with regular FW updates & have their own fork of Kodi tailored for their devices.

I've the Hub from them & its an excellent device. Official Netflix 24Hz HD support & DRM, Wideline support. 4K Android support coming with Marshmallow build out for testing, 4K Netflix with 5.1 DD audio working fine.

Far better than the Chinese clones IMO.

Another option is the Mi Box by Xiaomi. Its an excellent device with official Android TV OS, very responsive voice-control BT remote & full HD Netflix 5.1 support.
    On sale this week for £68 here

See here for comparison between Wetek Hub/Play 2 & Mi Box:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=275083&pid=2463840#pid2463840

• Registered Users Posts: 7,691 ✭✭✭Raoul

Looking for the same thing and I was looking at the Wetek Play 2. What is the story with the tuner...which one should I get and is it just for saorview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

See Here for suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Raoul wrote: »
    Look for the same thing and I was looking at the Wetek Play 2. What is the story with the tuner...which one should I get and is it just for saorview?

There's a choice of tuners.
    You can have either a terrestrial (Saorview) or a satellite tuner.

Advertisement