Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trampolines

Options
  • 28-11-2016 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking about getting a trampoline and my neighbour beat me to it. I've been making them lunch and dinner daily for months as they had a sick child in hospital. They've thanked me with a trampoline! It's 14 foot and it's already assembled in my back garden. I'm terrified of it blowing away. I've never had one. Any advice on them? I don't anticipate moving it to cut the grass so it would be fixed in the ground. Does the grass around it get ruined? It has the ladder and enclosure. It's great fun already. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Aldarjes

Best advice I can give about stopping it blowing away is to get a product called an Easy Anchor from www.lennonlines.ie. I put two anchors on our trampoline five years ago and despite numerous storms in a very windy West Cork, the trampoline hasn't budged. Hope this helps, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Aldarjes wrote: »
    Best advice I can give about stopping it blowing away is to get a product called an Easy Anchor from www.lennonlines.ie. I put two anchors on our trampoline five years ago and despite numerous storms in a very windy West Cork, the trampoline hasn't budged. Hope this helps, enjoy!

Probably a quality thing but one we got the netting rotted after two years. I just turned it on its edge, tied to a tree and now it's a great ball return wall for hurling, football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Lucky you!
    We disassemble ours for the winter but we leave the frame part in situ. We take down the netting surround (both parts), padding, and bouncy base.
    We have ours anchored firmly in place and it has never moved, although a couple of times over the years when we've had the really violent storms midyear I've taken down the parts that might catch the wind.
    Install it away from wires or you'll have bird droppings in it. The grass under the base will die off but not around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

I've been thinking about getting a trampoline and my neighbour beat me to it. I've been making them lunch and dinner daily for months as they had a sick child in hospital. They've thanked me with a trampoline! It's 14 foot and it's already assembled in my back garden. I'm terrified of it blowing away. I've never had one. Any advice on them? I don't anticipate moving it to cut the grass so it would be fixed in the ground. Does the grass around it get ruined? It has the ladder and enclosure. It's great fun already. Any advice appreciated.

i got one over the summer and had intended to take it down for the winter as our back garden is very exposed to wind but so far no need to move it has it has held up well to the weather. having said that no major storms yet this year.
    to anchor it i put a few concrete blocks on the frame and it does the trick.

the lawn is a problem alright you cant really cut the grass under it without moving it but at the same time its not that big a deal. as the kids are getting older i'm pretty much giving up on the dream of the perfect lawn. the goalposts have caused more of a problem then the trampoline as the goal mouth gets serious abuse.

they are only going to use them for a few years really so i'm going to let them at it without banging on about damaging the bloody grass, after the last game of football is played ill have all the time in the world to worry about the lawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

What lovely neighbours you both seem to be. I'd get the product Aldarjes recommends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Has anyone seen a supplier of in-ground trampolines in Ireland?
    Not the BERG ones, they sort of sit on the ground with a lip.
    The proper flush ones you can mow around.

These:35f10c5f06808168376487b1d7a40b06.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

A few commercial bouncy castle ground pegs has worked perfect for me. Cheap as well. €2 - €5 per peg from a bouncy castle seller / repair place a couple of years ago. Like the ones in the link: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/8-Ground-Stakes-Anchorage-Stakes-Tent-Pegs-Ground-Pegs-Marquee-Bouncy-Castle-/122219765253?hash=item1c74dd9e05:g:BQwAAOSw4shYBOvk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

pwurple wrote: »

our local toymaster sell them or can source them at least, i know a couple of people who got them.
    i was going to get one but it just seemed like too much hassle at the time to get a guy in with a digger, take away the soil etc, but by all accounts they are a great job because while trampolines are great they must be one of the ugliest things you can put in your garden.

Yeah, we are getting some work done anyway with a digger, so was going to tack this on, and reinforce the sides with a low wall. Need to find the trampoline first though, to get the size right.

Can be a future fish pond (or jacuzzi if i win the lotto!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

I do not think Berg do an in ground trampoline. The ones I have seen are slightly overground which I personally would not allow be used without netting. There are sunken in ground trampolines available but I have not come across them in Ireland. They are quite expensive but I might get one for my two next summer.

Nice one here:
    https://www.exittoys.ie/supreme-ground-level-trampolines/exit-supreme-244x427cm-ground-level-8x14ft-/62/253

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There great , haven't seen one installed here but we rented a house in Denmark during the summer with one installed ,
    The kids loved it ,we thought it was safer and neater looking,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Gatling wrote: »
    There great , haven't seen one installed here but we rented a house in Denmark during the summer with one installed ,
    The kids loved it ,we thought it was safer and neater looking,

Yeah, they seem to be on the continent. I have seen them in Holland. I don't think the one in the picture is a Berg.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely get the pegs or anchors. Probably the am chores this week as I like supporting Irish companies where psooible. I laughed at turning it on its side for a ball return option!

darthlogan wrote: »
    Hey there - I think Berg do have a flush one with no lip, called the Flat Ground range. Check it out.

Thanks for telling me 4 years later. :)

We have one now. It's getting a lot of use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Thanks for telling me 4 years later. :)

We have one now. It's getting a lot of use :D

Guess you had no issue sending the kids back to school then:P

1929764_20_articlelarge_HEALTH_20339.jpg

Advertisement