Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points Drop for courses in 2017

Options
  • 27-11-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

What do ye think lads, with the new points system peoples points are down on last years points, i understand that the points for a course is based off the points of the last person to be accepted into the course, but including the fact that there will be about 1,000 people less this year sitting the leaving cert will the points go down, i myself am praying that my course will come down just a bit from the 435 its at now

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Absolutely no way of knowing. Less people should make points come down - but it all depends on how many people apply for your particular course. The new points system wouldn't make too much of a difference as it's still the same group of people applying for the same courses. I've seen courses soar but also plummet in points, mostly seems to depend on the economy and what's in demand at the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Where did you get your figure for those sitting the Leaving next year? The entries are not in yet. Is it an estimate by someone?

Advertisement