Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue, What apps do you use?

Options
  • 27-11-2016 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Bitten by the Hue bug and even my extremely pessimistic other half has been hugely impressed by the new coloured bulbs we received yesterday.

I have been using the official Philips Hue app so far and while its pretty decent it feels a little bit limited.

I was wondering what apps you are using with your Hue setup and what does that app do?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

On the iPhone.

Mostly the Official Hue app, but also:
    - iConnectHue - for advanced settings
    - Huemote - Very simple, but nice layout of lights and groups in the app.

Also the various holiday themed apps and Hue Disco.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I use apple home on the iPhone and iPads. It's handy. You can use Siri with it if you like the voice controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I've seen people say they have their Hue lights fading over 60 seconds but the lowest time on the Philips app is 5 minutes, do some of the other apps offer lower fade times?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Hue Christmas just got a massive upgrade. Lots of new effects and moods with festive themes. I was trying it out last night, pretty fun!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've seen people say they have their Hue lights fading over 60 seconds but the lowest time on the Philips app is 5 minutes, do some of the other apps offer lower fade times?

That was probably me. I'm doing it with Yonomi, which is more like a HA integration service similar to IFTTT, rather then a Hue app, but it can be used as that.

I've also seen lower fade options on the iConnectHue app. Therefore I assume it is an option of the API and other apps might support it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Hue Christmas mentions sounds as well as light effects, how does that work, i.e. what does it integrate with on the audio side?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'm assuming its just a soundboard with some xmas jingles, play them through the phone or a connected speaker I guess, just an extra xmas gimmick but nothing to do with the Hue lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Hue Christmas mentions sounds as well as light effects, how does that work, i.e. what does it integrate with on the audio side?

The sounds effects are sync'd with the lights, they have halloween and fireworks versions too, pretty fun but not something you'll be using everyday!
    The sounds is played on your phone or by connecting speakers to your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah I'm gonna pick up that app bundle (Christmas, Holloween, Fireworks, World Cup, Disco for €7.99) once the rest of my new bulbs land. I think they recommend physically connecting your phone/media player to your sound system for best sync.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

THe Halloween one is fantastic, I use with with 2 colour bulbs, 1 in the living room and 1 in the hall, and use a Bluetooth speaker in the box room above the front door and scare the shïtê out of the kids trick or treating

• Advertisement
Advertisement