Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use UK Sites

Options
  • 27-11-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

While doing some Xmas shopping I have noticed you are much better off ordering from UK sites and paying in sterling.

As an example her good self wanted some Chanel perfume

CHANCE EAU TENDRE - Boots Ireland is 94.50e
    CHANCE EAU TENDRE - Boots UK is £61.65 which is about 71e so 23e cheaper then using Boots Ireland.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How much would it be in Burkina Faso?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Great tip, but is shipping to Ireland not going to be a complicating factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

degsie wrote: »
    Great tip, but is shipping to Ireland not going to be a complicating factor?

Majority offer free shipping to UK so just use Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I think perfume is something parcel motel and a few others won't accept

https://twitter.com/parcelmotel/status/541959942413238272

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

FYI Parcel motel seems to be overloaded already and there will be a glut of black friday stuff hitting them during the week. Support is already taking 5+ days to reply to a support tickets. Tons of complaints on social media. It took them 10 days to send a parcel from Cork to Kildare for me. Can't be dealing with that I've switched over to parcel wizard in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Good point mind you I think you would be very unlucky not to get perfume tru

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah if I'm getting anything before xmas I'll use parcel wizard or address pal. Had a new router from vm take almost a week to arrive. Was delivered to the depot but it would appear there was a long wait for a locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Sono

Had a bottle of perfume ordered to parcel motel a couple of weeks ago, picked it up at my local PM with no issues whatsoever

How would they know whether its perfume or not?

• Advertisement

How would they know whether its perfume or not?

Haven't a clue! There's not a chance they open the parcels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Sono wrote: »
    Haven't a clue! There's not a chance they open the parcels

X-ray, sniffer dogs, common sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I've ordered plenty of liquids, including perfume and nothing has ever been stopped. They don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Had a run in with Parcel Motel a year back, never again. Address Pal is pretty good, at least the local post office doesn't run out of locker space at peek periods.

Great deals to be got OP. Got a lot of the kids pressies on Friday on Amazon. Way better prices than Smyths or Argos. You just have to be carful that it's the exact same product.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Yeah I heard Parcel Motel have trained their sniffer dogs to take the x rays. Not a hope of getting through.

Getting back on topic, there were some good offers on Boots UK site that didn't appear on the ie site. I priced a car seat on both sites. €240 on the ie site, but the UK site had it on offer for £79.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I hope you're not being serious because if you are, this is all I can say >>> :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sniffer dogs and X-rays from parcel motel, I've heard it all now.

Be afraid be very afraid guys.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

FYI Parcel motel seems to be overloaded already and there will be a glut of black friday stuff hitting them during the week. Support is already taking 5+ days to reply to a support tickets. Tons of complaints on social media. It took them 10 days to send a parcel from Cork to Kildare for me. Can't be dealing with that I've switched over to parcel wizard in the run up to Christmas.

Just to balance that my last two PW orders had delivery failed posted on my page, reason 'gates locked', I have no gates, first floor apt!That was two days in a row, lying fcuks :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just to balance that my last two PW orders had delivery failed posted on my page, reason 'gates locked', I have no gates, first floor apt!That was two days in a row, lying fcuks :rolleyes:
    No wonder.
    In Ireland there's a ground floor, then a first floor etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement