Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about UL Courses

Options
  • 27-11-2016 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I am in the leaving cert atm (kms) and intend to go to UL. However, I am more than a little confused about a particular course that is/is not on offer.

From what I can gather, the LM113 (Digital Media Design) and the LM114 (Music Media and Performance Tech) are merging to from the LM122 (LM122 Creative Media and Interaction Design).

I have little to no idea what this means, I am confused and the normal sites (Careers Portal etc) have no real information. It is almost like this was decided last week and I have no idea what is going on.

I would like to get an idea of what exactly is changing, and how, because I am interested in the LM114 but not LM113. I also have no real idea what exactly is in the LM122 either that makes it different.

Information please......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

So I am in the leaving cert atm (kms) and intend to go to UL. However, I am more than a little confused about a particular course that is/is not on offer.

From what I can gather, the LM113 (Digital Media Design) and the LM114 (Music Media and Performance Tech) are merging to from the LM122 (LM122 Creative Media and Interaction Design).

I have little to no idea what this means, I am confused and the normal sites (Careers Portal etc) have no real information. It is almost like this was decided last week and I have no idea what is going on.

I would like to get an idea of what exactly is changing, and how, because I am interested in the LM114 but not LM113. I also have no real idea what exactly is in the LM122 either that makes it different.

Information please......

A lot of the courses in UL (Mostly Science and Engineering) have been changed to have a more general entry for comdidates. This was decided last year and was implemented this year.

Courses that were amalgamated usually have a very common first year. It makes a lot more sense. It allows students to have a look at a similar course they may have been interested in. A lot of people including myself would have preferred this option.

Basically, in the first semester you'll do LM122 and then for the second semester of first year you pick the course you want to do.

If the course outline is not on the website email the course director (their email should be on the site) and they'll gladly help you.

Advertisement