Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC or UL

Options
  • 27-11-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I live right next to UCC (practically) , but I love the thought of going to UL , both colleges offer courses I would like but I just feel that everyone in my area ( including my sisters) have gone to UCC and I just want to do something different and I love the look of the UL campus , going up to the open day there soon, lots of my cousins have graduated from UL and some are still studying there. Only I don't know if I should go to UL because the accomodation doubles the fees. But in saying that, there is not the best atmosphere in my home and I feel that staying at home for college would hold me back from being independent and just overall depress me because I need a change , I do not agree with a lot of my family members on various issues and I feel like it would be good for my overall physical and mental health to move out for college. I would be grateful for any advice/opinions, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BarrysLife

Get away from home seriously, going home to your own home after a lecture would give college a secondary school feel, you wouldn't be able to experience the freedom of being in college either, but you have to consider if your parents are able to pay for acomodation in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sarah177

Thanks for the reply! I'll have to fund all college fees myself, so when both ucc and ul would be big money , im thinking i may aswell do what i really want to do which is ul and its only 4 years which goes by so fast. I'll be in debt just like a lot of other students, but sure, i suppose thats part of the college experience too��

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

Go for UL! I want to definitely go to UCC but that's because it's far away from me. I've been to UL and it has a beautiful campus and they have great support there for their students,they have a lot of great things going for them and I think that's because they have to go up against the likes of Dublin,but everyone I know that went to UL absolutely loved it. Anything I should know about UCC? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sarah177

Thanks for thhe reply!! If I get the points for UL I think I will definitely go!�� UCC really has a lovely campus, it's just not my scene and I have been going on visits there for hears with schools or just walking through so I just want a change for my own college experience!�� There are loads of on campus restaurants, cafes and pubs. Here is a really nice atmosphere around the place and the lecture halls are fantasic, although I can't compare them to another college because I havent been to another one�� And it is only a 5-10 minute walk from the main campus to cork city centre, very handy!��

Advertisement