Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids tablet

Options
  • 26-11-2016 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I am look for a tablet for my soon to be 5 year old son

Looked at Nabi , Vtech , LeapFrog, Amazon Firefly!!

All have limited memory, crap screen or mediocre battery and app appeal

So do I forget the 'kids' Tablets and just buy an good android tab with parental controls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I am look for a tablet for my soon to be 5 year old son

Looked at Nabi , Vtech , LeapFrog, Amazon Firefly!!

All have limited memory, crap screen or mediocre battery and app appeal

So do I forget the 'kids' Tablets and just buy an good android tab with parental controls

Just get the Amazon fire. Cheap as chips so you won't be looking on in horror if it's dropped. Stick your own parental control on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

zerks wrote: »
    Just get the Amazon fire. Cheap as chips so you won't be looking on in horror if it's dropped. Stick your own parental control on it.

Thats seems to be the only choice....its the 8gb memory that could be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

You can get the 16gb for £40 on Amazon if you use Parcel Motel or one of those freight forwarders with a UK address.
    They take SD cards too.

Keith186 wrote: »
    You can get the 16gb for £40 on Amazon if you use Parcel Motel or one of those freight forwarders with a UK address.
    They take SD cards too.

Excellent.....I'll try that, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Thats seems to be the only choice....its the 8gb memory that could be an issue

It takes SD cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

SteM wrote: »

Good thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Good thinking

If you get the case you should consider getting the fire kids, comes with a 2 year warranty and a year free subscription to the kids stuff which is great

Advertisement