Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel pump problem

Options
  • 26-11-2016 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. I wonder if anyone can offer any suggestions for a solution to my problem. I have a Skoda Fabia 1.2 '07. For a few months I had problems starting in the mornings. When it did eventually start after several attempts, it ran fine all day. Gradually the problem worsened to the point where the car would not start at all. I traced it to the fuel pump. Although the pump itself is fine ( I have used two different pumps and the problem is the same) the power supply to it was cutting off somewhere.( I set up a cable from the car battery to the live wire in the pump and car starts first time every time). Any one got any ideas as to where the power supply might be interupted and how I might sort it out? Cheers, Inshin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If you Google fabia wiring diagram you will see that the fuel pump is fed from 87 on the relay, so possibly a dodgy relay or a break in the loom from there to the pump

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Inshin

Thank you, Ace. I think I'm getting out of my range at this point. Time to look for an auto electrician. :)

Advertisement