Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Baptismal Cert for adopted Sibling.

Options
  • 25-11-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can any one tell me if it is possible to get a baptismal cert for my sister. She was born in the Manor House , Castlepollard in 1950 ,she was adopted to America at 6 months old. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ballycarton

Update have managed to obtain baptismal cert. Thank you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Well done. :)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Did you get her Cert in her original name? I requested my husbands but was told he'd have to write to the archbishop, so didn't bother after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ballycarton

Yes I did!!! I also gave them her adoptive name as well but whoever was writing out the cert sent me one with her birth name on it. Didn't mind was happy to get it. Mind you someone told me than when a child is adopted they usually do not baptise child again but the authorities notify the diocese where the child resides with its adoptive parents. Any request for baptismal cert is then issued in n new adoptiv name.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

yes thats right, you can only be baptised once. when adoption goes through the AAI write to local parish to inform them to change details but orignal is still kept in books.

• Advertisement
Advertisement