Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple.com/UK - iPhone 6S 32Gb and ParcelMotel

Options
  • 25-11-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

Got £40 Apple vchr when buying a 6S this morn, transaction went thru' ok, even got a security call from Apple verifying the sale, asking about the order, shipping address etc.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MN0W2B/A/4.7-inch-display-32gb-space-grey

Just call email now though to say they won't deliver to ParcelMotel. Wondering is there any way around this?

Still some bit of a deal if you're looking for SIM free and can get delivered to friend in UK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Got £40 Apple vchr when buying a 6S this morn, transaction went thru' ok, even got a security call from Apple verifying the sale, asking about the order, shipping address etc.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MN0W2B/A/4.7-inch-display-32gb-space-grey

Just call email now though to say they won't deliver to ParcelMotel. Wondering is there any way around this?

Still some bit of a deal if you're looking for SIM free and can get delivered to friend in UK.

Addresspal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Says it won't deliver to any freight forwarder address.
    The order you recently placed with the Apple Store cannot be processed because Apple does not ship to freight forwarder addresses.

To allow us to process your order, please reply to this email with a domestic shipping address and your order number. Please note, if the new shipping address is also a freight forwarder, your order will be cancelled.

If you do not reply within 7 days then your order will be canceled and you will not be charged. We appreciate your business and apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please call 0800 048 0408.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Worth trying your Irish address?

That's what I'm thinking, I suppose I have nothing to lose.

That's what I'm thinking, I suppose I have nothing to lose.

Worth a try, post back how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

are they definitely sim free / unlocked?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

niall5098 wrote: »
    are they definitely sim free / unlocked?

Yes. From apple direct always sim free.

Apple have clamped down on PM deliveries since the launch of the 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dublin.15

i got 2 iphone 7s seperately via parcel motel.

When was that dublin.15? Was there any email from them about PM deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

dublin.15 wrote: »
    i got 2 iphone 7s seperately via parcel motel.
    Lies the 7S inst released yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,661 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

in before the "where's the bargain?!?" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dublin.15

When was that dublin.15? Was there any email from them about PM deliveries?

the first one i used pm address for delivery and billing address on the 14/10/16 and no issue,second time i tried the same they emailed me and said i provided a freight forwarder address as part of my billing address,i just emailed them back by real address and they sent it to parcel motel.,that was on the 26/10/16.

I'll try my real address so dublin.15, that's really helpful. Worst thing that happens is they cancel it and refund.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

I'll try my real address so dublin.15, that's really helpful. Worst thing that happens is they cancel it and refund.
    Thanks.

**** apple that's bull**** companies that do this don't deserve your money. OK rant over hope it works out for you pal.

In fairness, I don't blame them for trying to push me to pay €80 extra for same product on Irish site. I'll find some way around it hopefully but would gall me to pay the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Bought iphone from Apple Uk a few minutes ago and have just got email confirmation of purchase. Used Parcel Motel as delivery address and ticked the box confirming it as a business address, then used my own address as the billing address. No problem so far.

Just got phone call from Apple to verify billing address and shipping address and payment details. I gave the Parcel Motel address without mentioning Parcel Motel. He mentioned them and said a confirmation email would be sent and that the order was being processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

I ordered iPhone 7+ on launch day and got it delivered via PM -> No issue.
    Ordered iPod touch last week and again, no issue.

Dispatch email received yesterday around 5pm. Took out extra insurance on Parcel Motel and now waiting on notification to collect phone.

I replied to email asking for non-PM address with my ROI address and haven't heard a thing since. Since saying processing on order page.

Don't want to cancel it yet because £40 offer is gone so no advantage to cancel it yet. May as well wait and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

I had a similar issue. It took a bit longer but eventually they sent to my home address. They wouldn't accept pm. They then told me they didn't think the company they used shipped to ROI!! Even though at this stage my phone was in Belfast..... I ended up having to ring the shipping company to spell my address out. They then sent it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Any update s on this? I got the same mail re shipping to PM. Trying my own address. Don't hold out much hope though.

Thanks

No real update. It's still saying processing. I sent the email at the weekend (in response) with my Dublin address. However, order didn't update online, still had PM address down for delivery.

I then logged in tonight and changed the delivery address online to my ROI one but with some made up PostCode. Got an email immediately asking me to ring Joseph in Apple urgently. Just off phone to him somewhere in US and he has updated the address to the PM address again. I didn't give 1st line of address as PM1234 etc, just gave 1A McKinney and asked for my number PM1234 (without the PM part) to be written beside my name.

He said it was processing ok, although did ask me if this was a friends address. I said Yes it was and he rang off. Just looked at order online and my ROI address is still there.

My head is bloody melted with it. Ordered one for a friend too and she's panicking and looking for updates.

Fingers crossed it comes but I'm not so sure. Will update tomorrow if there's any change.

Well just to let you know my order is now showing up as cancelled🙅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Is this the First time you have bought from apple.co.uk ?

Just wondering if this is an issue for new purchasers and not people who may have bought previously?

I bought refurb ATV 6 weeks ago to my PM address

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Yeah first time. I've tried again. But I didn't let the website use the verified PM address. I selected use as entered. I also put in the PM number as the apt number in the address. So we'll see if that makes a difference. I have an order confirmation mail again. But nothing about not delivering to the PM address. So fingers crossed. The last time I got another mail straight away saying they would not deliver to PM.

Edit: just got a despatched notification, so looking good.
    My only regret is that I didn't use revolut...cause the credit card is showing a big difference when converted to euro.

But if I get it here I will be a happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭shalom

Hi All ,

If I get an iphone 6 and get it sent to my Sister in London, When she brings it back to Ireland can I use it on any network?

Thanks

shalom wrote: »
    Hi All ,

If I get an iphone 6 and get it sent to my Sister in London, When she brings it back to Ireland can I use it on any network?

Thanks

Yes,providing its network unlocked

Got notification from parcel Motel last night to collect phone. Picking it up tonight after work:)

• Advertisement

@colcatscar - who delivered yours as far as PM McKinney Rd?

My Apple Acc is saying that the delivery was made on Thursday morning, which doesn't seem possible because I only rang them 10pm on Wednesday night to sort the order out. However, when I click on the tracking link is says OUT FOR DELIVERY and no update since 1st December. PM is not showing any parcel on the way.

Company is Syncreon Intelligent Logistics Solutions. I'm loathe to contact Apple if it's just a delay with PM in case it's hauled back from delivery company.

Advertisement