Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Surface Pro 4 €884

Options
  • 25-11-2016 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Just saw this evening that Harvey Norman have MS Surface Pro 4 with keyboard for €884. iCore 5 + 4GB ram. Seems like a good deal but not sure of normal price. They're claiming you save €400 but I imagine that is grossly exaggerated.

Anyone in the know regarding this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Just saw this evening that Harvey Norman have MS Surface Pro 4 with keyboard for €884. iCore 5 + 4GB ram. Seems like a good deal but not sure of normal price. They're claiming you save €400 but I imagine that is grossly exaggerated.

Anyone in the know regarding this?

Seams good. Microsoft Store have a offer too. €899 for i5 model 4GB RAM and type cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 – 128 GB / Intel Core m3 (4GB RAM)
    Only € 799 with a Type Cover

Thats from MS themselves. The Harvey Norman sale has proven to be a lie thus far (same or more expensive) so its likely its the crappy M3 version they are selling. Stupid to buy a top tier device with a crappy spec. AVOID.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats not bad then.

Still wouldnt buy it IMO, RAM isnt upgradeable and 4GB is tight already nevermind by late 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BsBox

ED E wrote: »
    Thats from MS themselves. The Harvey Norman sale has proven to be a lie thus far (same or more expensive) so its likely its the crappy M3 version they are selling. Stupid to buy a top tier device with a crappy spec. AVOID.

A quick look at their site would show you they're selling the m3 version with the keyboard for €784.

Pricespy.ie shows a price history averaging just above €1,000 in the time before the sales (often without the keyboard), so it's a decent savings. I think we'll see a lower average selling price even after Black Friday, but I doubt you'll do better than what they're offering in the mean time.
    I'd say it's a solid buy now if you have your heart set on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BsBox

ED E wrote: »
    Thats not bad then.

Still wouldnt buy it IMO, RAM isnt upgradeable and 4GB is tight already nevermind by late 2017.

Yeah, I mean depending on what your use looks like it could be fine, but 4GB will definitely be cutting it fine in 2 years (assuming you don't upgrade by then).

I idle around 3GB of usage with a few (lightweight) programs open and Chrome with ~10 tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

The pen and keyboard are included in the €884.

Advertisement